Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’d be fucking stupid to allow him to start a new season undecided and walk for free next summer (or sign for a foreign club just after Christmas - again for next summer).

But we aren’t fucking stupid, so that’s not going to happen. He will either sign a new contract (he won’t) or he’s off this summer (is where my money is)

How can we stop it, if he wants to do that? Even excepting 30m from Chelsea he could still say not interested I want to see how I go on this season?

If he does that, his international place would be in doubt because he'd be playing hardly any games for us.
Why? We've played plenty of players in the last year of their contract, can't see why Sterling would be any different.

Also, Sterling would probably need to lose a leg to not start for Southgate in Qatar.

Hes still 4h/5th in all the stats for chance creation in the squad, only KDB, Grealish and Mahrez were higher last season (per 90).

8 (KDB/Jesus), 7 (Cancelo), & 5 (Raz/Foden) were the top assists in the PL

And that was a very bad season. Usually I imagine he would be in the top 2 the other being Kev.

Hope he stays and starts the first game of the season on the right. I think Sterling has really missed having a focal point of attack. He can score 20+ goals next season easily. Can't see why he doesn't sign on for 1 extra year to see if his minutes situation improves. I think it may.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.