Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately for him most of his few chances haven’t been taken by him.

This season he should step up a bit but Palmer is miles ahead right now.

I think next season there will be 5 subs in the league, lets hope Mcatee & the youngsters will get share of games next season.

2 players gone with a combined fee of 100 million when in 10 months we’d get zero
Over 400 thousand a week saved, now in the bank to utilise for other signings
In the cold light of day, seems like good business
New contract had been sat on the table a long time, can’t say we didn’t try to keep him
Good luck to Gabby and Raz.
Using dipper logic. Selling these two means Alfie's boy came on a free transfer.

:)

On and off the field, Raheem has done himself and the club proud. During his time with us he grew as a player and by all accounts as a person too. He has behaved with great dignity and poise in the face of the crap he has had to put up with from various quarters.

An integral part of a great era, I will look back on his career with us with affection.
Agreed.

Just think what a player he'd have been of bodgers hadn't killed his confidence.

Not just you mate. I sometimes still find myself torn between the 90s / 00s era of support (just giving 110% for the badge is enough) and the modern expectations of both be world class AND give 110%.

Jesus is, unfortunately, the former of the two. Same for the Sterling of the last two years. Both still give their everything which usually would be enough and still earns my support for them, but ultimately they aren’t good enough for a club aiming to do the first ever quadruple.

Horrid, and shouldn’t be mistaken for entitlement, but true.

To be honest Alan, winning the quadruple isn't high up on my list.

I'm not sure of your age but from watching us from the early mid 70's to where we are now, I feel privileged to be around to witness what a brilliantly run club we have become..

I'm also not naive enough to think it's going to last for ever, unlike the rags but we're absolutely fortunate to be around during the period we are experiencing at the moment, I'm drifting off a bit here, what I'm trying to say is, players like Raheem and Gabby have contributed immensely in growing our club and moving us forward..

Haarland and Alvarez are going to be superstars for us, one definitely, the other, going off what I've seen of him, could be the next Sergio, no higher complement than that can be made, really.

Like I've said, I've got tonnes of time for both of them, especially Gabby who you just cannot help but warm to..

Best of luck to them both and if they eventually turn up at the Etihad in an Arsenal or Chelsea shirt, I'll still clap them both onto the pitch..!

I get all that - but the post was about why losing these two feels a bit different to how key players normally leave us.

Logically it’s the right time for both to move - absolutely.

But we’re not talking logic here.
Get it -these 2 produced more energy than the rest of the Squad -period

Talk of a double deal with chelsea for sterling and ake so big squad refresh like pep indicated this season if true.

As long as we get at least £110m the pair and we sign another CB and a pact wide player im ok with it. Depends who would be happy to come in for a season or two who’s good enough and has the chance to learn and grow? Timber from Ajax maybe? He’s already said he loves city and would find it hard to turn down? Gnabry for wide player? Swapping Sterling and Ake for Timber and Gnabry would fit the bill and we would come out of it in profit still?

As long as we get at least £110m the pair and we sign another CB and a pact wide player im ok with it. Depends who would be happy to come in for a season or two who’s good enough and has the chance to learn and grow? Timber from Ajax maybe? He’s already said he loves city and would find it hard to turn down? Gnabry for wide player? Swapping Sterling and Ake for Timber and Gnabry would fit the bill and we would come out of it in profit still?
Van gaal has told timber he needs to be playing if he wants to go the the World Cup. Wide players I don’t think they’ll get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.