Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t it £10m more than Liverpool got for Mane, who is a lot better player.
No it would be £18m more the Liverpool got for Mane they only received £27m dont add the add ons

As I believe the player is worth more, selling for less than that just to record the sale wouldn't line up with that reasoning would it?

If I'm selling my car at £5k and someone offers me a grand and I say "Deal, sure I can show everyone I got a thousand pounds"
So what do you believe you could get for a player who wants away, is refusing to sign a contract not because of money but because of guarantees regarding game time and who has just one year left on his contract?

As I believe the player is worth more, selling for less than that just to record the sale wouldn't line up with that reasoning would it?
He's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for him. He's really had an underwhelming 18 months, well below the standard we know he's capable of. He's worth nothing (to us) in 12 months. He gives no indication that he wants to be here. We could pay 2 new players if we get his wages off the books. All these things count.

You may have noticed that shops have sales every now and again. It's so they can raise some cash from goods that are just taking up space in the showroom or warehouse. The retailers clearly think they're "worth" more, as they originally wanted a higher price, but they weren't selling any or enough at that price. So they sell at a lower price to make space and get cash. All the supermarkets have 'yellow sticker' items when perishable stuff is close to its sell-by date.

He's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for him. He's really had an underwhelming 18 months, well below the standard we know he's capable of. He's worth nothing (to us) in 12 months. He gives no indication that he wants to be here. We could pay 2 new players if we get his wages off the books. All these things count.

You may have noticed that shops have sales every now and again. It's so they can raise some cash from goods that are just taking up space in the showroom or warehouse. The retailers clearly think they're "worth" more, as they originally wanted a higher price, but they weren't selling any or enough at that price. So they sell at a lower price to make space and get cash. All the supermarkets have 'yellow sticker' items when perishable stuff is close to its sell-by date.
So we'd be selling for less than he's worth you're saying

But
What I read — may have no substance to it, the papers are a rumour mill, and we read the rumours so they'll carry on doing it — was that Raheem wanted parity with KDB in terms of weekly wages. If that is so, well, I like and rate Raheem but no. Really — just no.
you did and have.

If I'm selling my car at £5k and someone offers me a grand and I say "Deal, sure I can show everyone I got a thousand pounds"
Or you give it away for free next year
Your business acumen is sadly lacking

Not wishing to extend or join the argument about the fee , but it surely has to be looked at as a business transaction without the emotion.

Sterling has only 1year left on his contract, has shown no signs of wanting to sign the new contract on offer, and we are being offered to chance to get money into the accounts as well as freeing up circa £15m in wages.

It is a good deal for the club imo and both parties are happy with the tranasction, so I am comfortable with it.

Oh and I like Sterling but his form has not been great and he doesn't give the impression of wanting to be at the club . So goodbye Raheem and good luck, but not against us.

Sensed this 18mths ago, he has never shown emotion, or feeling of love for the club, is the reason why I'll be glad to see the back of him.
I'm be sorry to see Gabby and Ake go and hope they do well if they do go.
Raheem plays for raheem
The fact he wants to go Chelsea is enough for me
He thinks he deserves better status than his form

A guaranteed £45m plus £15m wages off the books means he's 'worth' £60m to us by doing that deal. I'd say that's fucking great business.
You can say it's great business but you also equated it to slapping a yellow sticker on him.

I just personally believe that there's no need for that sticker if we sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.