Raheem Sterling

His best performances for us have been with a focal point upfront. You only have to look at when we had Sane and Aguero and watching him at the euros with Kane upfront.
He’s moved on. So have we. Applause when he comes to the Etihad but that’s it.

No more to say

The DT are attempting to rake a bit of shite over this. The front page of the sports section come up with 'The truth about Pep'! And on the inside where Raz outlines why he left there isn't a 'shred of truth' about Pep, not even a bit of RDAHMeedya speculation. Sterling feels his career was stalling but declined any further info as to why he wasn't getting the same minutes he used to get.

His best performances for us have been with a focal point upfront. You only have to look at when we had Sane and Aguero and watching him at the euros with Kane upfront.
And yet he didn’t have the patience to sign his new contract so he could wait until we signed a proper focal point up front again.

Didn't do himself any favours with his half arsed performances,the comments are not unexpected.
True. Just a pity he didn't act like Gabby and Zinny re his leaving. But hey, his choice. As for his performances, spot on. They tailed off badly in the last couple of seasons. More's the pity, as he was sensational in his first 3 or 4 seasons.

Yeah I too think he's best with a striker, he's not a striker, he's not a natural goalscorer. He's best with his pace and guile down the wings.

It will be interesting to see how he does at Chelsea. His comments around wanting to have more of a voice in deciding team strategy werre interesting if I understood them correctly.

Good luck to the lad. Honest comments. Found his way “home” and has spent his career playing for the top 3 clubs in England over the last decade, which speaks to his character and overall performances.

Personally don’t rate him, but his numbers speak for themselves. For me, I just think he’s not a footballer, strange as that may sound, but he did manage to find a way to get inside the 6 yd box and get on the end of balls, so he has had a good career. In addition, he had the few and far in between “worldie” in him that always gave one hope there was a baller in there.

Video proves that, from the outset, Pep sought to improve him and his technical ability, but I just don’t think it’s in him. He has zero touch most of the time and in this team that’s heresy!

I wish him nothing but the best with Chelsea, as long as it’s not at our expense, yet expect him to score against us just like every other City old boy seems to! ;-)

And, I hope he gets to lift a trophy this year, as long as it’s “only” the World Cup!!!

Played 3088 minutes for us last season.

Foden - 3184
Mahrez - 2931
Grealish - 2730
Jesus - 2570

So the second most minutes of all our wingers (I appreciate that several of them, including him, also spent time in the middle that season). In a team with a manager who famously loves to rotate players, and has done so for the several years that they worked together.

It might have been a decrease on previous years, but it was hardly a case of him being frozen out or replaced.

He had plenty of opportunities to play, and to use his performances to make his case for more minutes in bigger matches.

So I don't really get the complaint that he wasn't getting enough minutes. And I feel uncomfortable with the "everyone knows why" as I'm not sure what he's trying to insinuate but it feels like he's saying his minutes were reduced for reasons unrelated to his performances or the needs of the team, and if he's got something to say to that effect he should just come out and say it.

He's faced some stick from the fans in recent years but from the outside it looks like Pep and the club treated him fairly and gave him every chance to play his way into better form and stake his claim on even more minutes on the pitch.

He's a talented player and he did a great job for us for a long time. But it seems he wasn't happy, and I think our wingplay has been evolving away from a style aligned with his talents. So it was probably best for everyone that he moved on.

Good luck to him.

He was a great player for us for a long time but the reason his game time became limited is because his ability became limited.

People will argue you it but deep down everybody knows it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.