Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is a valid point. While the quote itself is actually true, the context itself isnt exactly fully shown.

He did ultimately say whatbwill teigger the headlines, he knows how it works, and knew what he was doing imo.
I reckon I will be able to work out that last sentence once I’ve had a bottle of red tonight!!

Hes done well for the club... maybe a change in scenery would do him good. As for the club, they will find a replacement no doubt

Hope not. Between Grealish, Foden, Mahrez, Torres, Jesus, Palmer and Edozie we have enough out wide already. Frankly I think we're oversaturated on the wings even if Sterling leaves.

It should be said that Navas did nothing other than try his best and that's all I ever ask for.

Some people, quite simply, have forgotten what being a supporter is over the last decade or so.

Nothing wrong with not rating a player but some clearly want certain players to slip up for their "I told you so" moment. We'll see it next time Ederson concedes, Walker gives away a penalty, Zinchenko gets skinned, Rodri gets caught out of position, de Bruyne has a couple of back to back shockers, Mahrez doesn't pass, Grealish flings himself to the ground and gets nothing or Foden has an average game in midfield.

Sterling has contributed as much as anyone else during the most successful period in our history. Even without the goals and performances, he's conducted himself flawlessly and been an intrinsic part of a harmonious group of players.

It annoyed me for a long time that certain people would go out of their way to disrespect him until I eventually realised I've got nothing in common with those people other than coincidentally supporting the same club.

It's a shame for those players like Sterling and Navas but moreso for those fans who can't see the value in what they've done for us.
Superb post deserves more that a like

its funny what some footballers really think their levels and quality are (the best) ? i think sterling has caught the england bug of thinking he is the best because he got to a world cup semi final and euro final and demands a starting place every week.

sorry Mr sterling am going to piss on your chips and say maybe your not good enough in the BIG MOMENTS ?
rabbits in the headlights come to mind when you really should be scoring the goal that wins a champions league final or a world cup/euro's

when you first come to city you was young and a raw talent and your finishing was not of a £50million pound player. but city and pep have work so hard with you over the years to make you a better player and both you and manchester city have been reward with silverware and medals and i can not thank you enough

maybe you will find a new club and move but the truth is nobody is better than manchester city and pep for man management ? pep never once calls out a player in public. so you are a lucky lad because there has been many times you missed a golden chance or not played well and somebody like jose mourinho would have murder you in the media

but the one thing for me sadly and many other city fans is you have let yourself down by not giving 100% last season and this season at city and you have been coasting you don't deserve a starting place

I'm afraid with the greatest reluctance I no longer believe he'll regain form. Least, not with us. The set up with Sané on one side and Sergio in the middle worked perfectly for him. He could make himself forgotten and drift into the box. He was deadly doing that.
With the right club, he's worth 80 mill, easy. Maybe even 100. It's probably the best move. For him, as well as us.
It's been a great few years, Raz. We have loved you.
Fuck the dippers.

Hope not. Between Grealish, Foden, Mahrez, Torres, Jesus, Palmer and Edozie we have enough out wide already. Frankly I think we're oversaturated on the wings even if Sterling leaves.
3 of them are either inexperienced or no way near the level we need in that position.... you don’t lose a player of that stature and fail to replace them, otherwise you invariably go backwards!

There’s probably been a massive game of brinkmanship going on behind the scenes, if he had 4/5 years left on his contract this wouldn’t be happening. No coincidence his form has dipped when negotiations potentially started. Pep knows this & hates it when a players form is affected by outside influences. I’m sure Southgate is well aware also & is constantly looking to reassure Raz about his importance, which in turn undermines our negotiating position, with a WC 12 months away he’ll want his future & playing time sorted. The gulf is probably too wide in terms of a contract offer and his importance to the team (last 12 months) is decreasing. It looks like both sides have agreed a move is best for both parties & Raz is subtly dipping his toe in the water with the clubs blessing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.