Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been a great signing for us but he's no longer the best player in his position. If he wants a new challenge playing abroad then good luck to him. Be nice if we can get some cash.

In the press conference for tomorrow, Pep has simply said that he cannot assure any player that they will play every game so they need to do their talking on the grass, in every match and every training session. I am delighted to hear those words.

In the press conference for tomorrow, Pep has simply said that he cannot assure any player that they will play every game so they need to do their talking on the grass, in every match and every training session. I am delighted to hear those words.
Same thing he said to Laporte, Silva, Mahrez & Stones over the last couple of seasons.

Same thing he said to Laporte, Silva, Mahrez & Stones over the last couple of seasons.
To be fair, it worked a treat with all of them first time around. Let's hope it works for Sterling.

As much as Raheem has to be admired for his strength in the fight against racism, part of me says the same stance does invite accusations of 'chip on the shoulder'. If he doesn't get his head down and work to get his starting place back, I think this does confirm an inherent weakness as well as a strength in his personality.

I really hope this doesn't get taken as a racist remark. I would say the same about Kevin De Bruyne or Phil Foden having 'entitled' attitudes if they were the ones complaining about not getting playing time.

Oh come on. I know you like to bang your drum and talk in hyperbole but getting Ben White money for arguably our best goalscorer isn't amongst the best business we've ever done.

If we get that figure for him then it's because his contract is running out and we didn't sell/ replace sooner. The best outcome will be making the most of a bad situation. No need to dress it up as a win on our part.

Nothing hyperbole about reality of the financials.

Raheem, unlike Ben White, is already earning £300k a week in wages.

Any club will factor that into their offer.

Next summer he will have a year left and similar to Sane, between £40m-£50m will be very good business.

You can also factor the fact Raheem will only want to join a very small handful of clubs.

It's a win on many fronts, taking in to account we will have had six years service and we would be getting our money back in a financial downturn.

Which I agree with but it does a disservice to everyone involved and the last thirteen years of our club to suggest it's anywhere near our best business.

Sane is still our record sale, so getting our money back on Sterling would be our best business, even without taking all the other circumstances into account.

You also have to remember City offered Raheem fresh terms more than 12 months ago, to try and avoid this very situation.

As they also did with Sane.

I think the fact the players voted others in to the core group of 5 leaders at the start of the season is a signal.

His game seems to have been quite badly affected by the False 9 approach, I'm not sure why but wonder if it's changed the spaces he moves into. If we sign more of a target man striker I think we'll see the best of him again like England did in the summer.

If he's set on leaving then fair play to him. He has certainly done a very good job for us over the years.

No ill feelings to the guy at all, he’s put in some wonderful performances for us over the years.

But if he does leave in the summer I think it’s probably for the best all round.

His form has been in freefall pretty much since 2018 and isn’t showing much of a sign of returning.

Hope I’m wrong and he comes back tomorrow, bags a hat trick against the Dingles and this kickstarts his great City renaissance, but I just don’t see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.