Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
339 Apps | 131 Goals | 95 Assists | 11 Trophies with City

If he leaves now, next year, whenever.. I just hope he's given his flowers and properly appreciated.

Unbelievable numbers.
Sterling has been our system player for ages when everything was fine, but unfortunately, his weaknesses have been exposed - lack of dynamic shot, lack of being clinical in front of the goal, lack of the cold blood, lack of wise decisions in the final third. etc.
He is still a very productive guy who is contributing well (the results are still great, it's about 15 goals and 10 assists - this is a great result). Nevertheless, he is not a frontal figure in our attack anymore and I doubt that he will try again. Our best results, especially in Europe, in 2020/21 and 21/22 were with Riyad and Phil as a wingers.

Funny because Foden and Mahrez both started against Villa and when Mahrez was hauled off for Sterling what happened? It's almost as if having different options for different games and to allow for dips in form or defensive systems from the opposition is a good thing.

Phil has a lovely first touch, can beat the opposition with such grace and could be one of the best in the world. But how many goals and assists does he have over the past few years compared to Sterling? Or should we say he is a different type of player playing a different role. As long as he keeps the ball eh?!

Won't be surprised if we start hearing Madrid rumours post international fixtures. And won't be surprised if that move does go through this summer.

339 Apps | 131 Goals | 95 Assists | 11 Trophies with City

If he leaves now, next year, whenever.. I just hope he's given his flowers and properly appreciated.
Outstanding, and if that is his final line, he's been a hell of a player for the club.

I think Sterling is very unlucky that there are wingers such as Mane, Salah, Son in the Premier league.

If Salah and Mane were not doing the numbers that they are doing. Or how Sons improved. I genuinely think Rival's and City fans would see Sterling as top 2 wingers in the league.

He's also been unlucky that he's been involved in some of the worst misses in front of goal. Such as the one against Lyon.

He's now got the reputation with neutrals of being one of the worst finishers in premier league and he only has those numbers which he has because he's a "tap in merchant" he now has that label of also being a system player.

When that's disrespectful to Sterling as he has brilliant movement to score those goals and the numbers show he can finish and score goals. As City fans we've seen how good he is.

He's just unlucky that Mane Salah Son exist.

I think Sterling is very unlucky that there are wingers such as Mane, Salah, Son in the Premier league.

If Salah and Mane were not doing the numbers that they are doing. Or how Sons improved. I genuinely think Rival's and City fans would see Sterling as top 2 wingers in the league.

He's also been unlucky that he's been involved in some of the worst misses in front of goal. Such as the one against Lyon.

He's now got the reputation with neutrals of being one of the worst finishers in premier league and he only has those numbers which he has because he's a "tap in merchant" he now has that label of also being a system player.

When that's disrespectful to Sterling as he has brilliant movement to score those goals and the numbers show he can finish and score goals. As City fans we've seen how good he is.

he puts up about the same numbers as mane.

Opposition defenders will be pleased when he is not picked. He pulls them all over the place. His off the ball runs are what fcks them regardless of his end product. Heard some shite regards Grealish making space for other players to perform... Raz takes that to another level. (Still don't get excited when he gets through 1-1;mind :-(

Somehow agree with you. I also feel that the media likes to "laugh" at English players and mocks them.

For example, Jesus missed a sitter around 50min at the game vs Villa when we were 0-1 down. It was not talked about at all after that game. If it was Sterling, image what the headline will be! "Sterling miss and Gundo saved the day".

I also heard a lot of criticism and laugh on Ollie Watkins for his misses 1v1 while everyone praised Coutinho "brilliant" goal after the game. A lot praises Jesus for his effort against center backs while the truth is Watlins was equally hard working pressing with much less help from teammates, played 70min 3 days ago and set up Coutinho goal by winning the header vs Rodri. Coutinho contributed very little (maybe less than young Ramsay). And Watkins certainly contributed more to Villas comparing to what Jesus brought for City in that game. No disrespect for Jesus but I just think it was not his day. But we will never hear that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.