Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get 50+ million it's a great deal. We've got our money back, he's helped is win 4 premier leagues, the 100 point season playing a key part. He's won several other trophies to. Like Jesus, he's not as clinical as we need in front of goal, missing a lot more than he scores
It’s a good deal for us. I also feel this may help Grealish push on. There will be more opportunities for him in the team and he may be able to play in a more preferred role.

£55 million is very good for Sterling. Especially since he’s clearly running his contract down and doesn’t want to be here.

I think he’s gonna find out the grass isn’t always greener when he leaves. He’ll score some goals and get some assists but he won’t hit anywhere near the numbers he has for us.

£55 million is very good for Sterling. Especially since he’s clearly running his contract down and doesn’t want to be here.

I think he’s gonna find out the grass isn’t always greener when he leaves. He’ll score some goals and get some assists but he won’t hit anywhere near the numbers he has for us.
Would agree. I think £55m feels cheap because of his contribution but when the alternative is he walks for free next summer then £55m would be a good deal. I do think if Sterling leaves he’ll need replacing so we may aswell have £50m+ towards it. Who that replacement should be, god knows, Gnabry does feel gettable?

£45m and, sorry, the club can hang their heads in shame
Nah.
He’s a £70m player with 2 years on his contract. £45m with 1 year left is about right.
Mixed feelings about him but overall it’s probably a good move for everyone. If he had scored all his easier chances he’d be on Aguero numbers but he’s just not clinical enough. We will miss his energy, trickery and speed but not his running down blind alleys, hesitancy when he’s got too much time and inconsistency in front of goal. However it’s not an insignificant achievement to be in a position to get so many chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.