Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly, although the flip side of the argument is losing the wages of Gundo, Mahrez and Sterling next year would create some serious wage wiggle room for at least two top players?

Obviously, the money men would prefer to recoup fees for the latter two, but power is with the player when it gets to this stage.

Sterling, in particular, becomes more attractive as a free agent because he already earns £300k a week and there isn't a club out there willing to pay a £50m transfer fee and those wages right now.

He is at the perfect age and stage of his City career to sit tight, I don't think either side is kidding themselves at this stage.

I have a feeling we will go for Nkunku next year if he has another brilliant season. Leipzig won't sell this summer, but their trying to get him to sign a new deal with a release clause. Nkunku would be brilliant in this Pep system can play across the front three if needed to.

You’re not alone in wanting him to stay. Hopefully next week or two there’ll be a bit more clarity about what happens. Club will definitely offer him a new deal. If Madrid don’t come knocking I hope he’ll sign it.
I think we’ll know if real are in for sterling look at how marca are showing off jesus potentially joining them

This is the kind of hate charged language @BillyShears was talking about the other day, you just don't see it with any other City player, let alone a man who's had an incredible career at the club.

Remove the first word and you'd think a hated Liverpool or United player was being discussed.
I have no hate for sterling at all. He has been a magnificent signing for City. Over the last 2 seasons his form has dropped off a cliff. He rolled the dice when he refused to sign a new deal. His suitors are not interested now unless he is a free transfer.

I would of course like him to sign a new deal but only if he can move on from wanting away from the club. Why is it wrong to express this view? Keeping an unhappy player is not the best decision.

How long do we keep going on about his past glories with the club? Imo he is badly advised. The club has acted very respectful towards the player by leaving the contract on the table even though he is struggling to perform to the high standard previously set. Pep is also still selecting him to play. The only party who is not contributing is sterling.

Running down a contract and not performing on the pitch is his decision. Time he stopped looking for excuses.

As pep always says, if a player wants to leave then the club won’t stand in their way, put a good offer on the table. Problem is not one team will bid due to wages and his length of contract remaining. Sterling created this situation not the club, pep or fans.

Last edited:
I have no hate for sterling at all. He has been a magnificent signing for City. Over the last 2 seasons his form has dropped off a cliff. He rolled the dice when he refused to sign a new deal. His suitors are not interested now unless he is a free transfer.

I would of course like him to sign a new deal but only if he can move on from wanting away from the club. Why is it wrong to express this view? Keeping an unhappy player is not the best decision.

How long do we keep going on about his past glories with the club? Imo he is badly advised. The club has acted very respectful towards the player by leaving the contract on the table even though he is struggling to perform to the high standard previously set. Pep is also still selecting him to play. The only party who has not contributed is sterling.

Running down a contract and not performing on the pitch is his decision. Time he stopped looking for excuses.

You can keep saying you have no hate for Sterling but we can see from your comments that's a lie. "I guarantee he fades into obscurity once he leaves" is a hateful comment.

When called out you come up with bullshit platitudes like "I would of course like him to sign a new deal " but we've all just read your comment saying he's lucky the club are offering him any new deal at all because he's been so bad, so obviously that's bullshit.

You have invented a fantasy where Sterling is a parasite who gives nothing back to the club and Pep picks him as some sort of charity project and not because he's still a great player who contributes to the sides successes.

It's incredibly insulting to everyone involved, but apparently your perspective has been so twisted that you can't comprehend Pep picks players on merit because that involves Sterling getting 50 games a season.

Right, but how many players at this level go looking for big transfers without a football agent of any kind representing them?

Having lawyers represent you is something you see with people like KDB who aren't actually interested in a move, just sorting out an extension.

People would be surprised, lawyers getting more involved and players are becoming more savvy, reluctant to pay the 10 per cent commissions, pocket more cash for themselves.

They get family to represent them (like Erling has) and bring in brokers at the final hurdle. Gabby and Salah have also done this.

The goalposts are moving, and for the better, when it comes to agents taking huge sums from players.

Raheem is no mug, he has plenty of investments, including a property portfolio with his wife, so will engage the right people if he needs them.

Sterling and Mahrez huge players for us but things move on.

Haaland and Alvarez should bring goals and a lot, Palmer has goals, Grealish has to contribute more with goals he has the ability to score far more.

Haaland and Alvarez replace Jesus and Torres. No doubt Haaland will be a monster but Alvarez is still an unknown quantity at this level.

You’re putting in a lot of words ‘things move on’ without really tackling the issue which is that replacing Sterling and Mahrez and their productivity within the team is a huge task and will cost an absolute ton. These types of player don’t grow on trees and Palmer is several years away from being a 20 goals a season PL player.

I’m not saying it’s impossible, I’m saying it’s difficult. If you think it’s straightforward and easy then fair enough. Maybe you should get a job as a director of football or something.

People would be surprised, lawyers getting more involved and players are becoming more savvy, reluctant to pay the 10 per cent commissions, pocket more cash for themselves.

They get family to represent them (like Erling has) and bring in brokers at the final hurdle. Gabby and Salah have also done this.

The goalposts are moving, and for the better, when it comes to agents taking huge sums from players.

Raheem is no mug, he has plenty of investments, including a property portfolio with his wife, so will engage the right people if he needs them.
I think it a perception of the role.

You expect an agent to ring round and get another club (s) to the table.
A lawyer sounds like its just to deal with the team who sits at the table.

You can keep saying you have no hate for Sterling but we can see from your comments that's a lie. "I guarantee he fades into obscurity once he leaves" is a hateful comment.

When called out you come up with bullshit platitudes like "I would of course like him to sign a new deal " but we've all just read your comment saying he's lucky the club are offering him any new deal at all because he's been so bad, so obviously that's bullshit.

You have invented a fantasy where Sterling is a parasite who gives nothing back to the club and Pep picks him as some sort of charity project and not because he's still a great player who contributes to the sides successes.

It's incredibly insulting to everyone involved, but apparently your perspective has been so twisted that you can't comprehend Pep picks players on merit because that involves Sterling getting 50 games a season.
It’s not my fault you are entrenched in this viewpoint. The problem is the player is unfortunately not performing to the standard we need on the pitch.

I don’t hate the player but I won’t ignore the situation due to his past on field contributions. If you only want to focus on his achievements and not critique his performances then that is your decision. Are you his agent @domalino ?

Badly advised. I would love him to commit and kick on but he does not want to stay at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.