Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling deserves nothing but support from all blues & if he wishes to go to Chelsea then good luck to him.

Same with Jesus but letting both these go in same window will be a big mistake unless we have another 2/3 players in coming with one of them a striker at least

I dont think well buy another attacking player if sterling goes tbh. We overloaded those positions with the Grealish signing, so even if Jesus and Sterling are gone, we still Have Haaland, Alvarez, Foden, Grealish, Mahrez across 3 positions, and Palmer to back up that.

You can say alvarez and Palmer aren't as proven and that's true, but even then Bernardo and De Bruyne can also play those positions in a pinch. I wouldn't be that worried although the following summer Mahrez would likely go as well and then we'd have to tend to it.

I'm uneasy about losing two wide players in one window, Jesus and Raz, and feel we'd need a bit more pace and energy by bringing one wide player.

Issue is, we have to spend to get that. £50m for Raz isn't awful but I'm not sure who we'd be bringing in, and they'd be unlikely to be cheaper. Unless we go back in for that slow Spanish lad that Pep seems to like, Orzabanel or something? Leao at Milan will cost a fortune, I'm not sure it's not worth just keeping him for a season.

It'd leave us with Mahrez, Palmer, Foden and Grealish wide. I guess we can add Bernardo to that list and Alvarez, maybe the latter is a dark horse and will be pretty explosive, but not an abundance of pace out wide is there?
Is it so much of a problem if the full backs provide width and the likes of Grealish and Foden move inside a bit more? Especially if we sign Cucarella.

Love Raz, and still hope he stays and renews. But if he wants to move on, I'll wish him well and cheer for him. He'll just need to bring in a fair fee, especially if he wants a move to a rival this summer.

I'd imagine the club has a similar stance. 60m and he'll be gone.

Shouldn’t be selling such a good player to a rival. No way should we let those chav fuckers near him, if he must go then go somewhere that’s no threat like Spurs/Arse or preferably abroad. Though ideally we keep him.

We really shouldn’t be weakening our squad having finally got an Aguero replacement.

We don’t need a new winger if Sterling goes,Mahrez Grealish Foden Palmer Bernardo Alvarez can all play there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.