Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been 30 posts and Domalino has been right since the first one lol.
Sorry, mostly prob me.

The initial wiki page isn't great. Its all laid out like an applicable right to EU Internal movement rather than if you have an associated passport. You're EU.

Thats what i thought, but looking at the cricketers list. Seems not.

They came in through a different agreement, listed in that.

Anyway, it would definately apply to Raheem once he is a Madrid player. And I have no doubt Madrid would find a way to sign him, and then apply the ruling to allow him to be a part of the team. I was pointing out that step still exists, because the suggestion was that it is automatic for any national with AA agreements, which it isn't.

Wtf are you on about? It’s not time consuming at all, he already has dual citizenship he’s an EU player right now, today.
He won't end up at Madrid. I don't think it would be that simple if he were to join Madrid. Chelsea would be the most viable option (providing they meet the current valuation)

Last edited:
See what I mean to editing your posts? I've already replied to this when it was a different point.

It is not a different topic. The ruling applies to those already in the EU. it is not an entry route. He would need a valid entry route, to be in the EU for it to apply.

I'll be honest I never though anyone would think whether Raheem Sterling is going to be allowed to work in Spain was an actual issue.

The conversation is would Real Madrid try sign him given the 3 non-EU spots are full, and the Kolpak agreement means he doesn't count as a non-Eu player, so problem solved.

I'll leave this here and you can decide for yourself if Sterling's going to meet the very strict requirements of more than 1 year work contract, wages above ~€90,000? (1.5x average professional) and 5 years experience in his field

There's been 30 posts and Domalino has been right since the first one lol.

So has SS in fairness. What he says is entirely right, technically and otherwise. It is how it is applied that is 30 posts

I'll be honest I never though anyone would think whether Raheem Sterling is going to be allowed to work in Spain was an actual issue.

The conversation is would Real Madrid try sign him given the 3 non-EU spots are full, and the Kolpak agreement means he doesn't count as a non-Eu player, so problem solved.

I'll leave this here and you can decide for yourself if Sterling's going to meet the very strict requirements of more than 1 year work contract, wages above ~€90,000? (1.5x average professional) and 5 years experience in his field

Do they take into account the fact he could’t hit a barn door from 3 yards ? ;-)

Last edited:
Sterling going nowhere and will see out his contract. His last big pay day will come from a Free Transfer, because no-one will pay for him this year, and City won’t stump up top, top pay for him for another big contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.