Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
And since then, has he in your opinion got better as an all-round player
Sorry to jump in, but yes, in certain aspects - defensively, creating space for others. My feeling is that the end product hasn’t been as prolific since 2019 because we’ve been playing a different system since then. I think he plays better with a striker and I’d love him to stay to see how he goes with Haaland.

Well it hardly matters what we want because he wants away. And has for at least two seasons, but no-one came in for him.

You pumping the whacky line that Palmer is a replacement for Sterling and saying other posters could look daft?

I love your comedy msb, every court needs a jester so please keep it up fella :-)
Is that the best you can come up with?

I bet you have spent ages looking for a post that said what you wanted to believe but, as we know, you fell short.

So, again, show me where I have said either Palmer is better that Sterling or, your new twist, Palmer is a replacement for Sterling.

Is that the best you can come up with?

I bet you have spent ages looking for a post that said what you wanted to believe but, as we know, you fell short.

So, again, show me where I have said either Palmer is better that Sterling or, your new twist, Palmer is a replacement for Sterling.
That argument he's making makes no sense.

Sterling is a pacy winger.. his real replacement if it were to come from the academy would be Borges, Edozie or Mebude.

That argument he's making makes no sense.

Sterling is a pacy winger.. his real replacement if it were to come from the academy would be Borges, Edozie or Mebude.
These things aren't binary, or it shouldn't be. If you ask the question who was Aguero's replacement this year? Well no one really, but Phil and Bernie along with others played there. None of whom are strikers like Aguero. So if Sterling leaves there is no replacement in terms of what he is as a player, but there will be options to fill in.

Palmer doesn't take Sterling's place as far as number of appearances and will probably be lowest in the pecking order. More likely on the right it will be Mahrez, Foden maybe Alvarez before him. Palmer will probably play more cup games, appear as a sub and maybe get games during busy periods or injuries to other players, but he will be slowing put into the mix.

His downturn also coincided with Merlin's leaving us. Possibly a more major factor for him.

Yeah i'm sure that had something to do with it but while we've had no striker he's even been asked to play in the false 9 or as the striker and its been disastrous. For him, us, Pep, the team.

I don't even think the relationship is worth salvaging at this point which really stings seeing as Pep had shoehorned him into some very big games where he produced very little to nothing.

Hope for his sake he decides to stay. Not convinced it will work for him at Chelsea but would back him to have another good season at City.

It probably is time for him to move on ( if that is what he wants ). However I do fear it takes even more pace out of our team. And it’s a team that not blessed with that much pace to begin with.
Maybe it’s not an issue going forwards, but I certainly notice how much more vulnerable we are at the back when we don’t have a pace player such as Walker available.

Pure pace in wide areas keeps opposition fullbacks pinned more ( due to fear of being exposed when their team loses the ball high up the pitch ) and I have a concern we don’t have sufficient pace in the wide areas

Plus one thing about Raheem is that he never seemed to be not available for games due to injury - which is always a bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.