Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a player doesn’t want to be here then off they may fuck. Especially when the cost of them staying is £65m for a season.

I find it weird when some fans stomp around like a sad ex boyfriend wanting their ex to fall in love with them again. Both want(ed) to go. So we deal with it like grown ups.

Also we have Palmer coming through. City fans spend their whole time saying they want to see our youth come through and then kick off when some space appears for them to grow into.

And whilst we’re at it, if Haaland and Alvarez signed for Chelsea but we had kept Sterling and Jesus (for one season then they walk on a free) I’d be fucking gutted and pissed off with the club, probably because I’m sane.

I’m far more interested in signing an actual left back than I’m bothered about Sterling leaving.

I'm probably one of the ones you're on about tbh.

My issue is less with him leaving and more the giddyness to move him on. Given the last two seasons I quite understand from everyone's perspective that now is a good time to part ways. I just think he deserves a lot more respect for what he's done for us the last 7 years than he seems to get around here.

I'll admit I probably over compensate where sterling is concerned, but it's down to the fact he's always had a target on his back.

Great managers make good players great, both Sterling and Jesus fall into that category, Sterling especially.

Jesus could be a mistake, he looked a different player at the turn of the year, far more mature, maybe marriage and becoming a father has made him a different person, only time will tell.

Sterling has been a wonderful player for us but in my opinion he has peaked, and it would not surprise me to see him struggle at Chelsea.
No doubt in my mind that Pep is a better manager than Tuchel.

No doubt in my mind that Pep is a better manager than Tuchel.
All the great managers make players perform better than their natural ability , the pisscan, Cloughie, Paisley etc all did it, when the players left , their career often fell away.

Pep not only is a great coach but one hell of a man manager.

One thing I'd say abut Sterling is, he certainly knows the city/pep system like the back of his hand.

He has had some howlers but on the whole he has been very consistent

I'd like to keep him because of his pace and ability to stretch the game - the problem with Mahrez , Grealish, Silva and Foden despite being world class they are inverted wingers so that would suggest to me we're going to rely very heavily on our FB's next season to create the width and the balls in to Haaland.

I just can't forget how freighting we were when we had Sterling Aguero Sane and I was hoping we could recreate that this year but it seems very unlikely.

I think Serge Gnabry would be an excellent replacement but I would imagine after we sign either Cucurella or another LB our business will be done.

When a player doesn’t want to be here then off they may fuck. Especially when the cost of them staying is £65m for a season.

I find it weird when some fans stomp around like a sad ex boyfriend wanting their ex to fall in love with them again. Both want(ed) to go. So we deal with it like grown ups.

Also we have Palmer coming through. City fans spend their whole time saying they want to see our youth come through and then kick off when some space appears for them to grow into.

And whilst we’re at it, if Haaland and Alvarez signed for Chelsea but we had kept Sterling and Jesus (for one season then they walk on a free) I’d be fucking gutted and pissed off with the club, probably because I’m sane.

I’m far more interested in signing an actual left back than I’m bothered about Sterling leaving.
City & leftbacks is like Spinal Tap & drummers.

100% spot fuckin on

I dont think Mossside dislikes him as a person at all. He just thinks he’s not up to our current standard of player which he is perfectly entitled to do. It’s only those who live in top blue land who think it makes you more of a fan of you don’t say what you think.
Either they arent capable of independent thinking or they play to the audience (must get more 'likes' lol)

@mosssideblue doesn't dislike the man,just his footballing ability,he also clearly doesn't give a fuck and speaks his mind.....i like him.

Either they arent capable of independent thinking or they play to the audience (must get more 'likes' lol)

@mosssideblue doesn't dislike the man,just his footballing ability,he also clearly doesn't give a fuck and speaks his mind.....i like him.
I can’t be doing with sheep who haven’t got the balls to think or speak for themselves. And please dont ever say ‘lol’ again. It reminds me of a cretin who I’d rather not be reminded of :)

His own choice to leave and go to a rival.

He could have had the fanfare on the final day or the parade.

Him and Jesus have chosen to leave and fair play to them, but we'll see them several times per year trying to score against us now.

Both have our thanks and respect, but that's where it stops for me.

Ironically Jesus has his iconic City moment thanks to the Southampton goal in the final minute to secure the 100 points. For all his brilliance(and there was lots) Sterling will be remembered for missing open goals for me.
He will be remembered for that cross to Gundogan in the Villa game by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.