Railway concerns/issues - Safety petition p6

Sunday 7 October

All Giants route

• 10.15am – 12pm (approx)
Leave via King Edward Street, George’s Dock Gates and onto The Strand. At this point one Giant will depart via The Docks. The remaining giants will continue along The Strand and onto Sefton Street where they will stop for a siesta.

Giants Final Parade

• 2.30pm – 4.00pm (approx)
Leave Sefton Street onto The Strand, Giants parade and bid farewell at Canning Dock.

All the times are approximations and there may be some slight changes on the day.

This is not good.not good at all.i,d advise all travelling Blues to seriously consider how they are gonna negotiate all this on the day.

This is not good.not good at all.i,d advise all travelling Blues to seriously consider how they are gonna negotiate all this on the day.
Trains will be running,they may even strengthen the services given the expected extra demand,but they will still be busy.If you don't fancy that experience........Drive,or get the bus,perhaps?

Hardly world ending stuff.

If it's anything like yesterday I'd advise people not to travel by train.

Northern cancelled services between Manchester and Liverpool claiming short staffing. This is bollocks. The staff were available; It's a political move decided last Thursday to give passsengers between the two cities the impression guards are still striking on Sundays. (Northern don't get penalised if they give more than 72 hours notice to cancel trains) Plenty thought this when I was queried on the train I was working. My TOC (East Midlands Trains) sent up shortformed services (2 instead of 4) for most of the day. Despite my personal, as well as the unions requesting otherwise. Two of my colleagues were physically assaulted because of it. I can't comment on TPE services there but they also have a habit of terminating services early if they are late into Manchester.

Trains will be running,they may even strengthen the services given the expected extra demand,but they will still be busy.If you don't fancy that experience........Drive,or get the bus,perhaps?

Hardly world ending stuff.
Do Northern strengthen services for local matches?

I've worked Derby V Forest match days with only a 153 and the hassle of refusing people boarding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.