Random Facts About City

fbloke

Well-Known Member
Joined
26 Apr 2009
Messages
13,302
I like facts and as the folks here at Blue Moon are the most knowledgeable on the planet I thought it might help those new to the blue faith (possibly watching from a sunnier place) to learn about the less well known bits of City's history.

So here we go.

City once missed 3 penalties in a game against Newcastle.
 

lancs blue

Well-Known Member
Joined
31 Jul 2007
Messages
23,220
Location
It's barm so STFU.
City are the only team to be relegated from the top flight as:

1. Reigning champions
2. Top scorers in the division
3. With a positive goal difference

And all those were in the same season, 1937/38!
 

zeven

Well-Known Member
Joined
22 Jul 2009
Messages
5,577
Location
over there
lancs blue said:
City are the only team to be relegated from the top flight as:

1. Reigning champions
2. Top scorers in the division
3. With a positive goal difference

And all those were in the same season, 1937/38!
Impressive.
 

the plasterer

Well-Known Member
Joined
28 Dec 2008
Messages
3,400
Location
Plastering a home near you
fbloke said:
I like facts and as the folks here at Blue Moon are the most knowledgeable on the planet I thought it might help those new to the blue faith (possibly watching from a sunnier place) to learn about the less well known bits of City's history.

So here we go.

City once missed 3 penalties in a game against Newcastle.
who took em?, stevie wonder?
 

u2fme2

Well-Known Member
Joined
11 Jun 2007
Messages
14,361
Location
Droylsden
lancs blue said:
City are the only team to be relegated from the top flight as:

1. Reigning champions
2. Top scorers in the division
3. With a positive goal difference

And all those were in the same season, 1937/38!
first team to score 100 goals in one season and also concede 100 in same season too
 

The Pink Panther

Well-Known Member
Joined
22 May 2005
Messages
16,205
On this day in 1962, Bert Trautmann was sent off for kicking the ball at the referee after conceding the fifth goal in a 6-1 defeat by West Ham
 

fbloke

Well-Known Member
Joined
26 Apr 2009
Messages
13,302
NQT said:
On this day in 1962, Bert Trautmann was sent off for kicking the ball at the referee after conceding the fifth goal in a 6-1 defeat by West Ham

Oooh i like that one.

Joe Corrigan was once booked for pacing out the distance to the pen spot after the ref had placed it. He was right but got booked anyway.
 

fbloke

Well-Known Member
Joined
26 Apr 2009
Messages
13,302
wilky2868 said:
fbloke said:
I like facts and as the folks here at Blue Moon are the most knowledgeable on the planet I thought it might help those new to the blue faith (possibly watching from a sunnier place) to learn about the less well known bits of City's history.

So here we go.

City once missed 3 penalties in a game against Newcastle.
who took em?, stevie wonder?
Nah he was the ref.
 

Don't have an account?

Register now!
Top
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.