Random Facts About City

fbloke said:
I like facts and as the folks here at Blue Moon are the most knowledgeable on the planet I thought it might help those new to the blue faith (possibly watching from a sunnier place) to learn about the less well known bits of City's history.

So here we go.

City once missed 3 penalties in a game against Newcastle.

ken barnes scored a hat trick of penalties in a 6-2 win over everton in 1957-58.

great thread by the way mate.

mancity dan said:
NQT said:
1999- The Goat scored a hat trick when we thrashed Burnley 6-0

Here's a great one.
1974 Swamp derby - Mike Doyle and Lou Macari refused to leave the pitch when they were both sent off after a fracas. Clive "the card" Thomas took both teams off the field of play until his instructions were obeyed.

cheers mate

My Dad will love this as Doyle is his favourite ever player !!!

rassclot said:
fbloke said:
I like facts and as the folks here at Blue Moon are the most knowledgeable on the planet I thought it might help those new to the blue faith (possibly watching from a sunnier place) to learn about the less well known bits of City's history.

So here we go.

City once missed 3 penalties in a game against Newcastle.

ken barnes scored a hat trick of penalties in a 6-2 win over everton in 1957-58.

great thread by the way mate.

Cheers, its all about knowledge ;-)

azatheblue said:
NQT said:
Coincidentally the birthday of former City manager Jock Thompson. Appointed City manager in the summer of 1947, finishing 7th in division one in his first season, relegated in his second.

what about july 18th , my birthday

1956 - The City board held a vote to see if we should permanently wear as our first choice the Cup winning colours of maroon and white.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
What happened on 27th March NQT? =)

Loads, here are a couple

1920 - King George V visited us at Hyde Road for the game against Liverpool. We won 2-1

1968 - City are second in the league two points behind the scum and we play them in the derby. Best scores first for the rags after a minute. Colin the king equalised. George Heslop put us in front and the Col the king won a pen which was converted by Franny Lee. The 3-1 scoreline reversed the positions at the top of the table.

I sense we are running out of steam.

Cmon people lets fact ourselves out.

Remember the good Sheikh might be using this thread as his resource on MCFC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.