Random Facts About City

David Sommeil was the first scorer at Eastlands in a competitive match - last minute header against Pompey I think

How about my birthday, July 5?

I know a 'kind-of' City related fact.

On July 5 (cant remember what year), Thomas Cook opened up its first travel agency.

Would love a proper city related fact though =D

Gary James said:
NQT said:
City's chairman, Eric Alexander, attempted to become the clubs first ever repesentative to serve on the Football League Management committee

Unfortunately, if that's from the book it's wrong - we'd had at least 1 other rep on the League Management Committee (Joshua Parlby in our first season as MCFC).

So here's a replacement for 29th feb - 29th February 1992 - City beat Aston Villa 2-0 at Maine Road watched by a crowd of 28,268. The goals were scored by Niall Quinn and David White.

Feb 29th 1976 - civic reception at town hall and open top bus parade after winning League Cup the day before

Layles said:
How about my birthday, July 5?

I know a 'kind-of' City related fact.

On July 5 (cant remember what year), Thomas Cook opened up its first travel agency.

Would love a proper city related fact though =D

1906 - George Newbould was appointed our manager. This was just after a financial scandal involving illegal payments that had left City with hardly any playing staff.

The only team to win

League Championship
FA Cup and
League Cup

in that order in consecutive seasons

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.