Random Facts About City

City lost to Middlesbrough at home in November 2003 despite the visitors not registering a single attempt on goal in the entire game. In a game dominated by the Blues, we missed a series of good chances, and Sun Jihai scored the visitors' winner when he miscued a volleyed clearance from an innocuous cross past startled goalkeeper Kevin Stuhr-Ellegaard .

Peter Barnes, who won the award in 1975/6, is the only City player ever to be voted PFA Young Player of the Year. The club has never had a winner of the PFA Young Player of the Year trophy (though current manager Mark Hughes won it twice, and also claimed the Young Player accolade in 1985).

Dennis Tueart beat Norwich goalkeeper Kevin Keelan four times from the spot in the space of a remarkable few second half minutes at Maine Road in March 1977. Only two of those penalty kicks counted - the first award was retaken twice because of City players encroaching. They were the only goals of the game as City kept our title hopes alive against a team we always seemed to beat.

[Now some boring personal stuff about that match. I was just coming up to 8 years old at the time, and it was also the midweek game I'd been to on a school night. (I had attended that season's night game against Liverpool over Christmas that arguably cost us the title in the final analysis, but that one took place during the school holidays).]

Oooh... ooh..could you you do my Birthday too? Dec. 29th, 1972. Where do you find these facts??

bumbleblue said:
12th March (1964).

Joe Fagan's birthday. He signed for City in 1938 but didn't make his debut until 1947.
Fagan famously took over the managers job from Bob Paisley at Anfield and left this post after the events at Heysel

amanda said:
Oooh... ooh..could you you do my Birthday too? Dec. 29th, 1972. Where do you find these facts??

On your first birthday City drew away at Norwich. Dennis Law scored for us

And on your 18th birthday we beat Forest away 3-1. Niall Quinn got two and Wayne Clarke the other

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.