Random Facts About City

Gary James said:
NQT said:
City's chairman, Eric Alexander, attempted to become the clubs first ever repesentative to serve on the Football League Management committee

Unfortunately, if that's from the book it's wrong - we'd had at least 1 other rep on the League Management Committee (Joshua Parlby in our first season as MCFC).

So here's a replacement for 29th feb - 29th February 1992 - City beat Aston Villa 2-0 at Maine Road watched by a crowd of 28,268. The goals were scored by Niall Quinn and David White.

Damn, you're good !

City have had two players who went on to manage league winners (and were probably 2 of the greatest ever)

Don Revie

Matt Busby

Hmm perhaps there are more.....

NQT said:
johnmc said:
Awesome. A football and rock legend.

Keep on rockin NQT

I'm reading Mike Summerbee's autobiography at the moment. He says that similar to "Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young", at City it always should have been "Lee, Bell, Summerbee and Young"

It is not a one off though. Waddle and Hoddle had a big hit apparently. Also Alexi Lallas who played for the US of A was in a band. So not an uncommon feat. Maybe not an uncommon feat for a City player either as I seem to remember Berkovic having a band but not sure how big there were. Certainly not as big as Young.

Gary James said:
NQT said:
City's chairman, Eric Alexander, attempted to become the clubs first ever repesentative to serve on the Football League Management committee

Unfortunately, if that's from the book it's wrong - we'd had at least 1 other rep on the League Management Committee (Joshua Parlby in our first season as MCFC).

So here's a replacement for 29th feb - 29th February 1992 - City beat Aston Villa 2-0 at Maine Road watched by a crowd of 28,268. The goals were scored by Niall Quinn and David White.

And if memory serves it was pishing down and i was at the front of the Kippax getting thoroughly wet.

Gary James said:
fbloke said:
City have had two players who went on to manage league winners (and were probably 2 of the greatest ever)

Don Revie

Matt Busby

Hmm perhaps there are more.....

Joe Fagan - and all 3 won European trophies (plus managed European Cup finalists).

I love this thread I started, im learning so much. Thank you me!

Are we the only team to have a player sent off for licking someones face? Andy Morrison I seem to remember

fbloke said:
Gary James said:
Joe Fagan - and all 3 won European trophies (plus managed European Cup finalists).

I love this thread I started, im learning so much. Thank you me!

So the rule must be if you wanna have a manager to win the title and/or a european trophy make sure he has played for City.

Hang on who is our Manager?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.