Random Facts About City

The first club to hold a domestic and european trophy at the same time.

fbloke said:
NQT said:
On this day in 1962, Bert Trautmann was sent off for kicking the ball at the referee after conceding the fifth goal in a 6-1 defeat by West Ham

Oooh i like that one.

Joe Corrigan was once booked for pacing out the distance to the pen spot after the ref had placed it. He was right but got booked anyway.
Bloody hilarious that was, it was a wet day at the Baseball Ground, Derby and the spot had disappeared in the mud. The ref paced it out but must have had short strides as it was only about 9 yards from the goal! Cue Big Joe giving him some right stick and getting booked. The groundsman then came on with a measure and some marker paint. We still got hammered though!

we hold the record for being promoted from the old division2 more times than anyone else.

had largest capacity in England excluding Wembley,tallest floodlights,largest pitch..I don;t think we;ve lost a competative game at home against a continental side.

samharris said:
we hold the record for being promoted from the old division2 more times than anyone else.

Im not sure whether thats good or not, lol

i8therags said:
had largest capacity in England excluding Wembley,tallest floodlights,largest pitch..I don;t think we;ve lost a competative game at home against a continental side.
We hadn't - until Midjtylland did us last season!

samharris said:
NQT said:
Pick any day of the year and I'll give you a City fact from that day in history

christmas day 1980 ??

You can't pick a year, just a date.

Xmas day 1902 was the first time that Manchester City played Manchester United. The game ended 1-1, Billy Meredith scoring for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.