Random Facts About City

1) Maine Road's record attendance was set in 1934, when 84,569 people attended an FA Cup tie between Manchester City and Stoke City, a record for an English club ground (the 1923 FA Cup Final holds the world record).

2) For a league match the highest attendance is 83.260 for a match between Man Utd and Arsenal at aon 17th Jn 1948. Main Road was being used at the time as Old Trafford was being rebuilt after being bombed in the War.

lancs blue said:
i8therags said:
had largest capacity in England excluding Wembley,tallest floodlights,largest pitch..I don;t think we;ve lost a competative game at home against a continental side.
We hadn't - until Midjtylland did us last season!
ha ha forgot that one.amend with,,,against a continental side that anyone had heared of,in a competative game :-)

wilky2868 said:
NQT said:
Pick any day of the year and I'll give you a City fact from that day in history
august 28th?

1926 - Matt Barrass made his debut against Fulham. He had been signed from Sheffield Wednesday. He scored 15 goals in 172 appearances for City

City are the only club (anywhere in the world) who have sold their ground to pay off fines from their governing body.

FORZA CITY said:
July 6th please, my birthday?

Coincidentally the birthday of former City manager Jock Thompson. Appointed City manager in the summer of 1947, finishing 7th in division one in his first season, relegated in his second.

NQT said:
wilky2868 said:
august 28th?

1926 - Matt Barrass made his debut against Fulham. He had been signed from Sheffield Wednesday. He scored 15 goals in 172 appearances for City

You must have a "remembering Man City" calender.
Iv a bob dylan one, gives random facts relating to each day of the year.

NQT said:
samharris said:
christmas day 1980 ??

You can't pick a year, just a date.

Xmas day 1902 was the first time that Manchester City played Manchester United. The game ended 1-1, Billy Meredith scoring for us.

312jn9l.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.