Random Facts About City

When John Burridge replaced Tony Coton during our 0-0 game vs Newcastle at Maine Road on April 25th 1995 he became the oldest player to appear in the premier league at 43 years, 4 months and 26 days.

As far as I am aware, that record still stands!

Joliet Jake Blues said:
NQT said:
On this day in 1962, Bert Trautmann was sent off for kicking the ball at the referee after conceding the fifth goal in a 6-1 defeat by West Ham

That was my first ever City match - 47 years ago - frightening but at least I got to see us win the League and the Cup a few years later.

I was three years, 1 week old then (Sept. 08), and it would be quite some time before I was ever exposed to real football, or saw an English match, albeit only on tv.

City have never met either Bolton or Newcastle on the opening game of the season.

One fresh in the memory for most of us - we have the record for the lowest amount of goals in home games for an entire season. Thanks Stu! (and Joey!)

Niall Quinn Scored at one end and saved a Penalty as replacement keeper at the other. Against Luton I think.

johnmc said:

The birthday of a true City legend. Neil Young was born in 1944.
Top scorer in our last Championship winning season (67-68)
Scored the only goal in our cup final win in 69
Scored one of our goals in the cup winners cup final 1970

fbloke said:
Niall Quinn Scored at one end and saved a Penalty as replacement keeper at the other. Against Luton I think.

Derby County.
Dean Saunders took the pen and Derby were relegated that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.