Random Facts About City

Gary James said:
fbloke said:
I wonder if City are unique if having record transfers in the same team?

Incoming Robi £32.5m

Outgoing SWP £23m

That's a great one and I can't think of another instance. Usually a big outgoing transfer would not come back for several years by which time their fee would be eclipsed. It's possible it's happened at a lower level or if a player's been sold but come back on loan.

I'd be very interested in this. Great one!

I sort of stumbled on this one and can only imagine instances when a player is sold by and loaned back to a club being close to it.

But i dont think that counts in the same way.

I reckon City also have claim to the longest and shortest names in the same team.

Possibly Jo and Wright-Phillips

fbloke said:
fbloke said:
I wonder if City are unique if having record transfers in the same team?

Incoming Robi £32.5m

Outgoing SWP £23m

I sort of stumbled on this one and can only imagine instances when a player is sold by and loaned back to a club being close to it.

I've been racking my brains and can't think of this being true anywhere else. It may have happened - at one point I was thinking it might even have happened with City with an outgoing player like Tueart or Hartford who then came back, but in each case our record transfer (Steve Daley) wouldn't have been playing.

On a related theme... We must have had players who appeared in our record books as both our record buy and record sell at the same time. Presumably Denis Law was both our record incoming and our record outgoing transfer at the same time (1961 when he went to Torino). That can't have happened too many times with us.

NQT said:
fbloke said:
Hmm Lee, Bell and Summerbee that rings a bell for some reason?

That was Helen mate, but I'm sure we could make some sort of song up out of this ;-)

Helen, everyones favourite bell ringing flower seller. The worlds longest surviving BeeHive hair do - god bless her.

[quote="fbloke]
Helen, everyones favourite bell ringing flower seller. The worlds longest surviving BeeHive hair do - god bless her.[/quote]

When she passed away her grandson loaned the bell and the blue wig she had started to wear at games to the museum. The bell was on display until the end of last season (presumably it's now in the archive) and proved to be one of the most popular exhibits, known by fans of other clubs as well as City.

Gary James said:
[quote="fbloke]
Helen, everyones favourite bell ringing flower seller. The worlds longest surviving BeeHive hair do - god bless her.

When she passed away her grandson loaned the bell and the blue wig she had started to wear at games to the museum. The bell was on display until the end of last season (presumably it's now in the archive) and proved to be one of the most popular exhibits, known by fans of other clubs as well as City.[/quote][/quote]

She was obviously a quality bell ringer as she didnt get on anyones tits with it, unlike Pompey do!

Gary James said:
fbloke said:

I've been racking my brains and can't think of this being true anywhere else. It may have happened - at one point I was thinking it might even have happened with City with an outgoing player like Tueart or Hartford who then came back, but in each case our record transfer (Steve Daley) wouldn't have been playing.

On a related theme... We must have had players who appeared in our record books as both our record buy and record sell at the same time. Presumably Denis Law was both our record incoming and our record outgoing transfer at the same time (1961 when he went to Torino). That can't have happened too many times with us.

Yeah i was thinking along simialr lines and of course it goes in favour if the player moves quite quickly as well.

Thats the stand out bit about SWP as he was away for a few years as well, boy we fleeced them.

That'll teach em for thinking money can buy......erm maybe not!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.