Random ramblings on robinho/media/double standards

ono

Last night we were fantastic right through from Given to Tevez. Every single player played well. Even Garrido looks like he's worth keeping.

With that out of the way i'll move on to Robinho.

Last night Sky spent 90 minutes creaming themselves over Craig Bellamy. Don't get me wrong, he had a good game but last night he also missed two sitters, and on at least 2 occassions failed miserably when he had the chance to slide a team mate in for what would have been glorious chances - The one where he dummied the ball instead of playing it it to Zab and the one near the end where he had the chance to set Robinho free for a one on one. There were also a number of poor touches which lead to moves breaking down, especially in the 1st half.

Like i said before, he more than made up for it and generally speaking he had a good game. This isn't a dig at Bellamy, who has been head and shoulders our best player this season. It's just that, if Robinho does things like that then he gets crucified. Why is this? Is it his body language that makes him an easy target? Is it his price tag? If so, does it matter that he doesn't charge round like a headless chicken? Is it his fault he cost £32m? If we're solely looking at price tags then surely Lescott and Adebayor should be more of a focus of attention.

The commentator last night pointed out that Robinho's assist was actually a misplaced pass meant for Bellamy. The commentator on Setanta Ireland on Saturday spent the full game going on about how Robinho hadn't shut up about wanting to leave City and how he had a very public dislike for Mark Hughes. He also mentioned that he was lazy and that he wanted to leave in January. I was actually gob-smacked. Even the co-commentator was getting annoyed.

To be honest it's been like that ever since we signed him. As soon as the dust had settled from the takeover, a week would barely go by without a journo claiming he had an exclusive on how Robbie would be joining Chelsea - despite the fact that he wouldn't be allowed to sign for 3 clubs in a year...despite Robinho saying on numerous occassions, that he'd be staying.

Then came the Barca ordeal. Sure Robbie didn't do so well in denying the claims, however he came out and said he would stay here for another 5-10 years. Barca also said they were no longer interested due to the emergence of Pedro (a left winger at Barca, and the fact that we didn't want to sell). That should have been the end of it. But no, i had to listen to 90 minutes of the Setanta commentators banging on about how we would be going to Barca in January.

It's like the media deal in cliches and they start talking about things that are actually false. For example, he does actually work hard. Then they talk about how he isn't interested about playing for us....yet his face when we score and when he misses a chance tells a completely different story. Still the media go on about it and then you hear the ex-pro's go on about it on Soccer Saturday etc...and then they start discussing half truths and lies that they themselves have made up. It's a never ending cycle and it becomes obvious that these people don't actually watch us week in week out.

I can't wait for him to get back to full fitness. He was on the pitch for around 7 minutes and in that time he set up a goal with a very good pass and he was also a whisker away from scoring a stunning goal out of nothing. If we continue to play like we did last night, Robbie will get a hatful for us. No doubt the media will then talk about how he is playing.......

...for a move to Chelsea in the summer.

He came on and did well last night (and yet the Sun gave hm a 4 out of 10) which will do his confidence good. He just needs a goal or 2 now.

It's obvious that a world famous player joining City has disgruntled alot of the media etc. He has been poor on occasions but sometimes they go waaaay overboard. It's ok, I'm sure he'll get the last laugh and therefore so shall we.

Totally agree with you.

I was saying the same thing to my mates last night when we were watching the game.
Bellamy missed 2 sitters. GREAT player he is, but not his best game last night.

I think the main reason is because Bellamy is BRITISH and Robinho isn't. Same for Hughes and the big fuss that was created by his sacking. He was a British manager being replaced with a foreign one.

If the media what to judge by the criteria of price tags, then why not have a go every time with Berbatov?
He cost Utd £30m!! How many times have you heard his price tag being mentioned when he has another crap game?

The media, in my opinion are just waiting for City to lose a game or fail in our targets.
I'm sure they already have their stories saved to hard disk, waiting for that 1st loss lol!

It's annoying. Same with Hughes' sacking. Media only talk about how we'd lost 2 games rather than the fact we'd only won 2 out of 13. Luckily Mancini seems to be shutting them up. Hopefully Robbie can do the same.

Thank you for bringing this topic up..

I thought Bellamy played well..the assist for the first goal was terrific, and he played a an great square ball to tevez in the 2nd half (which tevez should have put away)..but I hate the way people have double standards..bellers also missed a 1-on-1, lost the ball, and played the wrong passes a couple of times which would have let other players (zab / irreland) clean though..and if robbie had done that he'd have got slated!!

Our fans need to get off his back..and see what he's really capable of...

Great post that ono. Only problem is that Robbie hasn't helped himself with his recent public wanks over Barcelona. That said, in his game back Hull I thought he was desperate to score and prove a point. He's just desperately low on confidence at the moment and the media are loving slaughtering him cos they love to kick someone when they're down.

The difference is that when Bellamy fucks up, he sprints 40 yards to try & get the ball back then if he fucks up again he sprints again & again & again, so even if he has a stinker, he still contributes to the team. If he gave the ball away, stood picking his nose, then gave the ball away, stood scratching his arse, people would complain about him on here.

'Bellamy runs around like an headless chicken'....thats an intresting an opinion Ono.

When he looses the ball he's moving to try to retreive it, when he kops for the ball he moves....either way he moves...now all the team are doing Bellamy impressions and we're 5th.

Neville Kneville said:
The difference is that when Bellamy fucks up, he sprints 40 yards to try & get the ball back then if he fucks up again he sprints again & again & again, so even if he has a stinker, he still contributes to the team. If he gave the ball away, stood picking his nose, then gave the ball away, stood scratching his arse, people would complain about him on here.

But isn't that bellers games..he runs and chases every single ball..sometimes sucessfully, sometimes not..but you can't expect every player to play the same game..did zidane?

Quality post ono! I agree wholeheartedly. I guess it's just another case of one idiot concocting a story simply to sell a paper, and because it's easy for other shit journo's to sound like a pro and comment on games they don't even watch and issues they no absolutely nothing about - they spread the shit because it's too easy.

The problem is, people buy it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.