Rangers cut Celtic allocation by 6,500 at Ibrox. The Fear is strong.

giphy.gif

The Rangers have none. New club, previous one was liquidated.

Yawn. How boring is this? I assume every time the like of Napoli & Fiorentina are mentioned?

That is a point that the geography of their stadium allows really only the Broomloan, although in the past we used to have the Broomlian, the terracing under the main stand and a chunk of the opposing stand.

It could be reconfigured so we aren’t behind the goal. I would prefer that than this.

Derbies should be about two city clubs going for each others throats with a decent contingent from your opponent. That made them exciting and a spectacle.

We will now have the sanitised version. The game that people liked to watch because of the atmosphere is now gone.

This campaign was started by rangers fans sick of listening to us singing as we handed them their arse. It had nothing to do with more seats for bears.

They think this might help them defeat us, or at least not have to listen to us singing when they don’t.

I mainly feel sad that this has happened. Football needs passion and atmosphere. I have read threads on here why you want to improve that within the Ethiad. A standing section etc. Having your hated foe in numbers creates that.

If we go there and defeat them it will be a morgue with the only sound being the seats clattering as they leave early an 800 fans singing rather than 7,500 in celebration.

I get your point. I think you are correct, it is partly down to how dominant you guys have been. It's also partly down to the layout of the stadium, the fact you get a full stand, that tv cameras pick up on easily, which gives you guys better exposure, & Rangers fans (& all other away fans) are shoved in a corner, out of sight of the camera, with plenty of restricted view seats.

There's also the aspect that several thousand Rangers supporters have to give up their normal seat in the Broomloan, or buy season tickets without Old Firm games included, to house Celtic fans. Then there's the fact that 1 of their prominent supporters group need to be rehoused as well.

Also, it might be easier now for Rangers to open up the idea of safe standing, perhaps in the Broomloan where the supporters group sits anyway, without having to worry about moving lot of existing season ticket holders say from the Copland that don't want to stand.

But yeah, i won't disagree that a bit of jealousy comes into it. Although it has an advantage to Rangers fans (& Celtic fans for the vice versa), it is a bit sad it's come to this. In saying that, do Real Madrid not only get about 1000 fans for visits to the Camp Nou?

For a club only a few years old their fanbase increased rapidly. Hence the decision to cut away fans allocations. They need to make up the cost from all the Scousers who'll be jibbing through to wank over Stevie Me.

They need cash now. This will actually cost them over £300k as we get charged £50 a ticket as we charge them. They need to be able to give Stevie a budget about the same as it would cost to buy Sterling’s left eyebrow.

We make it to the CL group stages again and they’re toast.

A major problem for them is the amount of utter duds they have on long contracts that nobody will want and ties up millions they don’t have.

Pena is on £28k a week, was loaned out and sent back for being a twat. He has two years left on his contract. When you think their budgetvwas just over £10m last year that’s a big chunk of that. He isn’t alone, Rangers fans will tell you the whole team can fuck off, so they have problems bringing in new players when successive managers have bought wallopers they may need to pay off.

Not one of their players would make our bench. That’s the scale of the task.

If he thinks he’s going to turn up and we will give him a home run, he is in for a shock.

We will and need to improve our defence which will happen. Their Chairman said we will fold if we don’t win one league. Our board want to bury the ****. If we win the league next year both he and Scouser will be axed.

We will win the league, so, something to look forward to.

A sad day will be IF you ever surpass 54 titles.

That’s the aim. 10 takes us to 52.

When they came up they sold season books on the back if the Going for 55.

They have been 3rd every year since.

If we get to it first, even though they are a new club, it will be a fucking pisscase.

If you speak to a Rangers fan they will tell you they were fucked over and demoted.

Where they fuck. They had to apply for a license and expected to stay where they were.

Rangers will be back when they pay back the £130m debt they left behind.

And using EBT’s allowed them to buy players they couldn’t afford.

A Rangers fan judge ruled that £49m didn’t give them a competitive advantage.

Go figure.

Good luck to the 800 bigots v 60,000 and 50,000 bigots next season.

The thing is, for the vast majority that’s not the case. The game makes people mental. My best pal is a total bluenose and half of my pals.

There are plenty of knuckledraggers though. If you visit our sites and theirs you will see where the most hatred lies and it ain’t us. Follow Follow routinely refer to us as, Taigs, Tarriers, Scum etc. we call them Huns.

The hatred is strong, which makes it all the sweeter when we rip them a new arsehole every time we play them.

I personally hate all the religious and political shite. I hate them, the same way you do Utd. As our hated foe. That’s it.

Yawn. How boring is this? I assume every time the like of Napoli & Fiorentina are mentioned?

I get your point. I think you are correct, it is partly down to how dominant you guys have been. It's also partly down to the layout of the stadium, the fact you get a full stand, that tv cameras pick up on easily, which gives you guys better exposure, & Rangers fans (& all other away fans) are shoved in a corner, out of sight of the camera, with plenty of restricted view seats.

There's also the aspect that several thousand Rangers supporters have to give up their normal seat in the Broomloan, or buy season tickets without Old Firm games included, to house Celtic fans. Then there's the fact that 1 of their prominent supporters group need to be rehoused as well.

Also, it might be easier now for Rangers to open up the idea of safe standing, perhaps in the Broomloan where the supporters group sits anyway, without having to worry about moving lot of existing season ticket holders say from the Copland that don't want to stand.

But yeah, i won't disagree that a bit of jealousy comes into it. Although it has an advantage to Rangers fans (& Celtic fans for the vice versa), it is a bit sad it's come to this. In saying that, do Real Madrid not only get about 1000 fans for visits to the Camp Nou?

Good post and I agree with you. The thing about the Real/Barca is they don’t share the same city. I’m old fashioned, I love to see a big turnout of opposing fans who are fanatical. That is now lost and I think the fixture will lose a big part of why I love it.

Oh good another thread on shitty scottish football and their bigoted fans
I think you will find not all the bigots at the games between the cheeksofthesamearse are Scottish there are plenty of these knuckledraggers that arrive in Glasgow from England and Ireland.More or less agree that some of the football is shitty but you do get the odd game now and then with a wee bit of quality.

Oh good another thread on shitty scottish football and their bigoted fans

You’re not forced to either read or contribute to it.

Personally, I find it sad that Scottish football has become what it is.

And the main reason is the Old Firm because any decent players that came through at the other Scottish clubs were snapped up by one of the two Glasgow giants, just as Bayern do in Germany.

I’m old enough to remember when Scotland produced some great players and Scotland had a team that was as good as England's. I doubt we’ll ever see that again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.