Rangers Thread - 2021/22

This is sad, and actually quite sinister. How desperate they are for fans to get in trouble.

Don't think folk need to make up stories anyway, we've enough idiots that means folk don't have to start fake Twitter accounts to make up stories!

It is sad. There will be plenty of real ones. I will be treble checking in future. Two balloons got into bother on a Ryanair flight from Manchester, one papped off before they took off, another made the flight have to divert where he was thrown off and arrested. Given the bill for the diversion I hear. We need to devise a machine like Willie Wonka had for detecting bad eggs and flush them all away, no matter who the fuck they support.

I was down there and never saw any bother and only found out about it the next day. Watched the game in the Printworks and the walk back to Piccadilly was all rather eerie and quiet after all the noise and colour of the day. One thing that struck me was the huge number of Southern English accents on the streets. There was definitely local hooligans involved who took the opportunity to indulge in violence. There's one video of a guy in a green hoodie running amok and I can quite categorically state no Rangers fan would be dressed in such attire. And before you all go thrashing on your keyboards there was definitely Rangers fans from the West of Scotland involved as well given the accents you could hear on some of these videos.
But by and large it was a great occasion given that the number of supporters in the city centre was around 200,000, but of course the Scottish media were all over it and they already have their headlines written for Thursday, even if there is no trouble.

Got tickets as a neutral - inside the stadium there was no trouble but I remember a zenit fan got stabbed before the game. On the walk back into the city centre I remember hearing of fans fighting with police and fighting the emergency services who were trying to save them from the canals they had fallen in. Then all around the arndale pockets of police and fans fighting. Have been to 3 europa finals and that was the only one I went where there was trouble on that scale. I would agree there were other fanbases there but not in any numbers.

It is all very friendly tonight in Seville between Rangers and Frankfurt. Much to the consternation of the Scottish nation.

Hope it all goes well with the fans.
Manchester was going well until the tv screens broke down.Seemingly 100,000 Rangers fans going over and 50,000 Frankfurt fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.