Rangnick quits consultancy role (Pg 89)

Those articles make a mockery of what has been published in the English press. If true they confirm that elements of our football media have essentially become a propaganda tool for MUFC. Some of the football reporters are really just puppets for a very well-oiled PR machine. It is embarrassing for the Manchester Evening News to publish such a distorted article.

Those articles make a mockery of what has been published in the English press. If true they confirm that elements of our football media have essentially become a propaganda tool for MUFC. Some of the football reporters are really just puppets for a very well-oiled PR machine. It is embarrassing for the Manchester Evening News to publish such a distorted article.
100% correct. The tabloids in particular will not publish any negative articles towards them, which is why I believe there is some kind of 'agreement' between the rags and the British media. For example, if you go on the Mirror's sports/football pages any day of the week all you will find more rag articles than anything else - and all of them will be full of praise for the club and it's followers. You just don't find the kind of negativity that we in particular get from the bastards at media centre.

The English press / media have no credibilty with their constant bulling up of the rags ( and dippers too although they are better results wise), but the MEN has long ceased to be objective in their articles where the rags are concerned. Clickbait and distortion of the truth is their main drive.

But it demonstrates the lengths that our media have to go to rather than present objective and unbiased articles.

Stuart Brennan is the only reporter fighting the tide of shite published by the MEN.

I posted on the united thread about how Woody jokily went about picking Rangnick from the list of top 10 coaches on Clubelo.com (he was 10th)

I hadn't at that time clicked the link to see the top 500 coaches http://clubelo.com/Coaches

http://clubelo.com/TheCase outlines how the ELO is worked out (Chess uses also uses it for rankings IIRC) - it doesn't matter on results, just the quality of opponents played.

So imagine my surprise as I scrolled the list:
View attachment 33722
Number 19. good old KK

Number 29.... lol...Remember this ranking is based on 'Quality of opposition' - Seems the PL really was a 1 or 2 horse race for much 'in it's lifetime'...

And also remember, this 29 position cannot be about bias against 'old' results (as per clubelo's explanation), as Hans Pesser is number 2... behind the Genius.
I apologise for digging out an oldish post, but there are few things worth noting about Ferguson.

1) Although they won the league a lot, it was never in a truly dominant fashion (barring maybe 1 or two years) like we've seen City, Chelsea, or Liverpool do. Or like we've seen in other leagues.

2) He was pretty rubbish in Europe. It's the taboo of Ferguson discussion, but for the apparent greatest ever, he wasn't even close to strong.

3) Barring 2005-2009, Premier League football was almost always weaker than it's European counterparts. Which might explain why he was so average in Europe before then.

I do think Ferguson really is an all time great. But when you look back whilst he was almost always the best at the time it was only ever marginally and for the most part over a very limited league. Like that's really impressive still (especially on longevity), but Pep, Klopp, Mourinho, Zidane, and Conte have all hit higher heights.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.