Rank the best teams in Europe

It's crazy to say we are the best team in Europe when we have never even reached a Champs League final. That's what Pep days and I agree. They may have had a bad domestic season but Real Madrid are still the benchmark with Juve not far behind. I think we still have a lot to do in Europe. Our players are good enough but do we have the mental strength? We will see. My dark horse for this season is Atletico playing at their own ground.

Maybe he does'nt rate them
They are not as good as they have been in the past, but it’s a bit odd to rank them below say Atletico Madrid when they’ve won the last 3 Champions Leagues and are above Atletico in the league. That probably requires a follow up explanation because it’s downright mad. My theory is that people love to exaggerate the decline of top teams. Some teams do plummet, look at the rags, but Real Madrid are nowhere near that stage.

If City won 3 champions leagues in a row and were above the rags in the league the year after, and someone ranked the rags above City... I’d love to see the reaction! Especially if they ranked Spurs above us too!

Last edited:
The group games aren’t a true reflection?

Absolute bollocks.

They're not.

Real Madrid finished 2nd in their group last season behind Spurs. Spurs went out in the last 16, Real Madrid won the whole thing.

For the better sides the groups only matter as to which team you will draw in the last 16 (slightly better chance of an easier draw if you win your group).

There may be the odd year where 3 very good teams end up in the same group, then the groups become a bit more important.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.