Rant about Work

Tiattos_Waterbottle

Team supported
Manchester City, forever and always
Hey all, hope everyone's well. Around January I wrote about my shafting by the DWP and my subsequent acquisition of a job.

Unfortunately, as of Monday, I may be getting my marching orders and the last four months have been pretty rough.

I feel that I have been inadequately trained, spoken to poorly and had things spoken about me behind my back. Due to my poor standard of training, and poor working environment where I am not even allowed to open a window no matter how stuffy and uncomfortable the room gets, I was told I have two weeks to prove I can do my job, they have instead left it a month, when the workplace has become quiet and there's less work to do. Regardless of this outcome, I am now desperate to look elsewhere as i do not feel valued or wanted, though I'm fairly sure I'm going to get the push. My immediate line manager has made it clear that she would prefer someone else over me, if they replace me at all and overall I am deeply unhappy with my treatment. I'm not allowed to have a company shirt, I am paid late and it seems begrudged if I inquire why. I've not even signed a contract despite being told I'd be permanent. I am also being chastised for not picking up others mistakes and also for not volunteering for overtime. I've said on numerous occasions that I'm happy to do it but apparently as I haven't thrown myself up for overtime it apparently shows I've no interest in being there. Due to this I have been practically given no choice with regards to what should be optional.

The Boss is an upper class fop who doesn't live in the real world, and has unbelievable expectations and standards and speaks to his staff horribly.

Still. Just needed to vent that. Gonna start looking for something else, as I'm like 90 Per cent sure I'm gonna get the push. It helps to vent somewhere so, sorry for the rant!

I wish I could post something supportive or helpful to you. I vaguely remember your thread in Jan.

Sounds like you have tried hard too and I feel for you man. If it's any consolation you'll be better away from the shower of twats.

Any clues as to who it is you're working for so no one on here ends up working there?!

Best of luck finding something new where you'll no doubt be happier.

I have countless friends who have lost jobs only to find one that is many times better. You have to look at this as a blessing.

One particular person who I remember losing his job is my father. I was about five, my younger brothers were three, two and two (twins) and my mother didn't work. My dad never got down and found a job that made him a fortune. He retired completely at only 57 and has spend the last 14 years hunting, fishing, golfing and basically enjoying life. If he had never been laid off he never would have made near the money he ended up making.

To answer a few questions -

They've not issued me a contract, no.

And I'm supposed to be paid on the 15th but it's come in as late as the 19th some days. I know it seems like not long to wait, but every other business I've worked for has gotten my wages in on the Friday if payday falls on a Weekend. I have to wait for the tuesday after here. He's a horrible person, the owner/boss.

It's called Remtek. It's in Salford, near the Uni.

My job pays me late sometimes too, they say that it's an issue with the payroll company. It's funny how when I'm late it's a problem though.

buckshot said:
My job pays me late sometimes too, they say that it's an issue with the payroll company. It's funny how when I'm late it's a problem though.

this is contractually wrong mate. you have to be paid on an agreed set date every month/week. how else are you expected to pay bills and manage your finances.

you have a strong case for a tribunal award there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.