Rare Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City footage.

Anybody know anything more about that yellow kit,was it used for a few games or an entire season,and where did the idea of the yellow come from,fantastic footage that ..

Billy McAdams scored in front of 49797 fans.

I have admit I never before heard of McAdam but he was our top scorer that season with 21 goals.

Not a bad result 1-0 Away at Spurs in April 1960, we finished 16th that season and they finished third!
Billy Mac was a brave centre forward for us, was not afraid to put his head in when the boots were flying.

Great footage. Had to laugh at the geezer combing his eyebrows with a comb.

This game is referenced in Colin Schindler's book, as he was present at White Hart Lane.
I think Trautmann saved a penalty and the ref blew for half time before the rebound could be converted.

Brilliant, really enjoyed that as it brought so many memories of when I first started going to football, the queues to get in, the matchday buses, I didn’t realise how big police horses were lol.

This has been posted before I think, but fascinating to look back not that long ago. Loads of grounds around England and Scotland covered and love the haunting music

Fascinating footage. One of the most striking things to me: almost none of the home crowd are wearing their colours, in the form of scarves, beanies and suchlike. Not even the rosettes that seemed so old fashioned a few years later (although was that not more for special occasions, such as Wembley?). That all must have come in as part of merchandising by the end of the sixties, I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.