Rate Our Transfer Window

Rate our transfer window out of 10...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 luxury signing which was far from a necessity, some players happening to stay because offers never arrived, and none of our weaknesses addressed.

Generous 4/10...only because of carson.

If pep wasn't managing us i'd be soiling myself.

1 luxury signing which was far from a necessity

I don't know how anyone can make this judgement on September 1st.

I've got my criticisms of this window, but Grealish being a luxury player? Not one of them.

Lets see how integral he is to Pep's plans and how big a role he plays before deciding he's a luxury.

Obviously we'd have all loved a striker but still the question is who. They have to fit in with our style which us pretty unique in the Prem. Lukaku would be like a piece of corrugated iron, Kane I still say a little slow, Ings, stop gap and injury prone. So not too bothered personally in waiting for the right one. CM, we've got enough, supplemented by Lavia, got to trust the academy. LB, ffs Zinchenko IS a full back now, so didn't need someone like Mendes who some on here are raving about but never seen. So, it's Grealish.....can't wait to watch him week in week out, our squad with this addition is stronger and provides cover for when KDB is out.

When your team is stronger that last season anything below 7 is really the initial disappointment to not getting what some fans wanted! 7.1/10

The expectation of not getting weaker is something that is good enough for relegation fighting team, not us. Teams at top should be looking to improve every single window.
We went into the window with 2 weaknesses: LB and striker . We didn't address either.
We splashed money on a very good attacking midfielder which means we can recoup some money next window as we have too many players at the moment for similar positions but as far addressing our needs, it was poor window.

I've given it a generous 7. I think Grealish will prove to be an asset. £150 million for Kane would have been silly. Our problem is really top class strikers are few and far between and it seems we are not prepared to go for anything less. We have still done nothing about an LB or DM. Fernandinho is now, I think, mainly for cameos so if Rodri gets injured we could have a real problem in that DM role as Gundog is wasted there and does not cut it anyway. For LB we can probably work around it. Overall, we are still very strong.

Not too disappointed with the window overall, despite failing to address a couple of key positions. Grealish is a great signing, and keeping Laporte, Bernardo and Jesus is hugely important for our title chances. Expecting a big summer next year though.

I don't understand why so many cling to this as a positive. It is the default. They are on long term contracts, the expectation starting the window is that they are here. If they were in their last year, I'd agree, otherwise it they are our players. If we had fended off offers for them, I'd also see that arguement, but as it is it is just a continuation.

I don't know how anyone can make this judgement on September 1st.

I've got my criticisms of this window, but Grealish being a luxury player? Not one of them.

Lets see how integral he is to Pep's plans and how big a role he plays before deciding he's a luxury.
Based on weaknesses in our squad. Can't look at him any other way really.

Love the lad and perhaps he can fill a void left by david...but He's not going to bang in 25 goals or help our defensive fragility on the counter.

= Luxury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.