Rate Our Transfer Window

Rate our transfer window out of 10...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its hard to judge a transfer window because you'll only know how good a player is/if a transfer has worked after a few years.

From a recruitment standpoint, I gave us a five. Yes the Grealish signing on paper was excellent, but it just wasn't a priority.

The lack of strategy with a striker, as well
as a lack of strategy with other targets when a striker wasn't attainable was poor. I think the club must have had some idea with the LB issue so how they failed to address that is also problematic.

The final issue, is how the chairman didn't deliver. You can't promise a big window and sign one player.

Just to add I still think we have an amazing squad, but we just didn't on our promises. After losing the CL final and looking at how others have improved its so difficult for us to be there again I think when our biggest issues are still present.
Hopefully delap does a rashford and hits stop he ground running but j in still can’t get my head round his failure to get any signings for our problem positions and the one position we’re we are stacked in we signed another player who will be great for us but we could have waited for him . If this was a at a 9-5 job the recruitment officer would have sacked for getting it so wrong but it’s done now and we have to get on with it .

I would of been gutted with a window of Mendes Saul and andre silva not one is better than what we already have

pointless buying for the sake of it end up stuck with a load of shite in a year or two on big wages that can’t get rid of

Well we don’t have a proper left back or centre forward so they would have made us stronger.

6 for me. Perhaps by my own doing by expecting Kane, delighted with Grealish but as others have alluded too if it means we are more able to go for Haaland with more money in the bank (even with his ridiculous wages) then I’m all for it. LB and CDM are areas that if it were Football Manager and FFP wasn’t a thing then I’d buy there too. Perhaps a little greedy considering we STILL have the best squad in the league/Europe.

Breaking the British transfer record, but failing to sign a striker. I'd rather us keep our powder dry and buy a striker when as a club we feel the price is right than buy someone for buying sake. As an old school fan I'm happy with our business and although I would have welcomed Kane at £160m or Ronaldo at £25m plus £480 per week wages. Deep down I'm glad we weren't ripped off by Levy and we didn't buy that rag piece of dogshit. However when we knew we weren't buying a striker and Mendy had been arrested I thought maybe a left back could have been pursued, thats the only negative from me..

So 8/10. Just my opinion thats all, CTID.

Last edited:
Built specific expectations - in the end delivered another player in our strongest area. Boxed clever at the start but threw in the towel around round 4.

10 years of Messi chasing ended as he went to the owner's rivals. Left Aguero high and dry, pretty harsh. Left Kane hanging with no real bid. Switched to Ronaldo, gazumped by ecstatic neighbours. Poor for PR, lost marketing opportunity. Poor for the mind game over our rivals.

Most of all, a 1bn squad with just one striker - a lad who nearly went on loan to the championship. That's not how you do it. Pep ended up with 12 wingers and 0 strikers at times with Barca, and despite winning plaudits due to playing Messi as false nine, the team genuinely quite often fell a way short in such a predictable way. Letting him make the same, predictable mistake again here is especially really disappointing from the board.

Moreover, their over reliance on Mendes is a good example of placing all your eggs in one basket. To me it smacks of arrogance, complacency, and even nepotism. On transfer day JM was sorting out Barca - not us.

For all our 'principles' in the market, we still pay very high fees, and as much commission to the agents as anyone. On the other hand - there are agents, clubs and presidents and agents have we feuded with, never to speak to again?

Whilst we are not getting our targets, there is no other conclusion in my mind, that our attitude exemplifies the wrong sort of arrogance.

The playing side is now placed to shut it all out and deliver, which is good. But its like we have to shoot ourselves in the foot to prove we're treated badly by the rest of the world.

OK let me try another way then... you have a team year one they have a player lets call him player A that only plays say 10 games due to injury.....nothing else changes the team has no more injuries none of the players grow older, makes no signings in the summer. The squad isn't by default stronger in year two, because while you say "Player A is fit again" because you have no idea how to predict what injuries the club will pick up during the course of the 2nd season... I hope that's a little clearer
You dug yourself deeper mate. Aguero's contract was not renewed precisely because our management expected him not to be fit - and bullseye for them on that. You cannot miss what you didn't have last year.

Breaking the British transfer record, but failing to sign a striker. I'd rather us keep our powder dry and buy a striker when as a club we feel the price is right than buy someone for buying sake. As an old school fan I'm happy with our business and although I would have welcomed Kane at £160m or Ronaldo at £25m plus £480 per week wages. Deep down I'm glad we weren't ripped off by Levy and we didn't buy that rag piece of dogshit. However when we knew we weren't buying a striker and Mendy had been arrested I thought maybe a left back could have been pursued, thats the only negative from me..

So 8/10. Just my opinion thats all, CTID.
Can you mark my son's homework?

Its hard to judge a transfer window because you'll only know how good a player is/if a transfer has worked after a few years.

From a recruitment standpoint, I gave us a five. Yes the Grealish signing on paper was excellent, but it just wasn't a priority.

The lack of strategy with a striker, as well
as a lack of strategy with other targets when a striker wasn't attainable was poor. I think the club must have had some idea with the LB issue so how they failed to address that is also problematic.

The final issue, is how the chairman didn't deliver. You can't promise a big window and sign one player.

Just to add I still think we have an amazing squad, but we just didn't on our promises. After losing the CL final and looking at how others have improved its so difficult for us to be there again I think when our biggest issues are still present.
Khuldoon's intention was clearly Grealish and Kane and he probably sanctioned the sort of money that would nearly ALWAYS get both deals done. Promising was perhaps a mistake when you are dealing with Daniel Levy. At worst he was a little naiive.

Pep evidently doesn't feel the LB position is enough of a problem to make short term compromises

It's not a perfect world. For me our Chairman has been a shining light and shouldn't be pilloried for one naiive prediction. I'll take him over any other in the Premier League

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.