Rate Roberto Mancini

Citizen Green

After two years in charge of our great club how would you rank Roberto's progress?

I personally think he's changed the mentality of this football club, there seems to be a winning mentality ingrained into our players for the first time since the seventies and the football we're playing is absolutely incredible, he deserves extra credit for the football due to the stick he took last season for being 'negative'.

In the transfer market I believe he has been very intelligent, the signings of David Silva, Yaya Toure and Sergio Aguero in particular have transformed the football club, the most he has spent on any one player (if you believe the media) is £35m for Kun which in my eyes, is good buisness. In fact the only player you can really say he's overspent on in his time at City was the £16m he spent on Aleksandar Kolarov whilst the signings of David Silva and Mario Balotelli for £24m and £21m respectively have proved to be fantastic bits of buisness. So with all this in mind I'll give him 8/10 in the transfer market.

Working with the players he had when he arrived has also see him do a very good job, I think Joleon Lescott, Micah Richards, Vincent Kompany, Joe Hart, Carlos Tevez and Gareth Barry have all improved as footballers under Mancini, becoming more tactically aware and consistent players, whilst the likes of Lescott and Richards have brushed out the mistakes that used to let them down. 9/10 for this on my part.

As a disciplinarian he has proved that he takes no crap from any of his players no matter there reputation, the way in which he ruthlessly binned fan favourites like Craig Bellamy and Nedum Onouha, whilst also moving on the likes of Emmanuel Adebayor and Robinho for failing to adapt to Mancini's philosophies have served the club well in the long term. Again I'll give him 8/10 for this.

Finally on the pitch since shaping his own squad in the summer of 2010 he has ended the 35 year wait for a trophy and delivered Champions League football in his first full season, proving his tactical nous and ability as a manager, this season so far speaks for himself with the only thing going against him our early exit from the Champions League, which, I'm certain in the long term will be rectified, on the whole I think he deserves 9/10.

In total I'd rank his time in charge of City since the 19th of December 2009 as 8/10, he has delivered so far, in what has been one of the most important eras of the clubs
history.

Forza Mancini

jonmcfc said:
one word messiah.
Heh, "messiah" have the team for CL half-finals, and he is out of CL after first round, from weak Bayern and number 7 from Serie A. Honestly, I don't like his performance in CL. Nobody expect this year CL championship, and City CL group was difficult, but ... City is much better than Bayern and Napoli, so they need to won that group. Everything under that is not success.

This is my opinion how things look to me at this moment, and where he need to work to be better.

So from 1-10, I will give him 6, mostly because City is first in EPL and because they are already out of the CL.

Positive
Rags (Old Trafford), Bayern (Etihad), Spurs, Arsenal, first in EPL, Tevez case in general

Negative
Bayern (Munich), Napoli (Napoli and Etihad), Chelski, out of CL, third and not first place in group A of CL, not even close to CL half-finals where City really belong, talking too much to press, like for example "Tevez will not play anymore in my team" (that sentence cost the club huge amount of the money) even I agree with him that he need to bench him forever, weak and nervous defense, he is too nervous on the games, yoga will help, discussions with players during games, and it seem not in his office before and after games.

Anderson said:
jonmcfc said:
one word messiah.
Heh, "messiah" have the team for CL half-finals, and he is out of CL after first round, from weak Bayern and number 7 from Serie A. Honestly, I don't like his performance in CL. Nobody expect this year CL championship, and City CL group was difficult, but ... City is much better than Bayern and Napoli, so they need to won that group. Everything under that is not success.

This is my opinion how things look to me at this moment, and where he need to work to be better.

So from 1-10, I will give him 6, mostly because City is first in EPL and because they are already out of the CL.

Positive
Rags (Old Traford), Bayern (Etihad), first in EPL, Tevez case in general

Negative
Bayern (Munich), Napoli (Napoli and Etihad), Chelsea, out of CL, third and not first place in group A of CL, not even close to CL half-finals where City really belong, talking too much to press, like for example "Tevez will not play anymore in my team" (that sentence cost the club huge amount of the money) even I agree with him that he need to bench him forever, weak defense, too nervous on the games, yoga will help, discussions with players during games, and it seem not in his office before and after games.

Fuck off you Rag bellend.
Funny how every manager under the sun backed him on this, so should we be listening to you instead?
I would like to argue every bit of this, but I don't need to as it's all bullshit and I'd rather eat my wheetos.

Forza Bobby Manc.

10/10

First trophy in 35 years, sitting atop the league and the cherry on a cake that didn't necessarily need one = smashing those bastards all over their midden to hand them their biggest defeat against us.

Happy Christmas!

The interviewer on Sky after the Arsenal game asked him "Has this week hurt you, firstly the defeat to Chelsea, and secondly United knocking you off top spot in the Premiership?"

Roberto laughed heartily and said

"Haha, United only go top because they play earlier than us, is only because of this, nothing else".

The best city manager I have ever seen in my lifetime, and probably the third best manager of any PL team overall. (And he can improve on that, he's young). Awesome chap.

Anderson said:
jonmcfc said:
one word messiah.

Positive
Rags (Old Trafford), Bayern (Etihad), Spurs, Arsenal, first in EPL, Tevez case in general

Negative
Bayern (Munich), Napoli (Napoli and Etihad), Chelski, out of CL, third and not first place in group A of CL, not even close to CL half-finals where City really belong, talking too much to press, like for example "Tevez will not play anymore in my team" (that sentence cost the club huge amount of the money) even I agree with him that he need to bench him forever, weak and nervous defense, he is too nervous on the games, yoga will help, discussions with players during games, and it seem not in his office before and after games.

ColorCottonTShirtRagsL1.jpg
CLIC%20Mellors%20cafe.jpg

thataway.jpg

9.9/10. There are too many positives to be stated here. But what I rate him most highly about him is his ability to spot and develop world-class footballers. The only reason he isn't a 10/10 to me is his ruthlessness in handling his players at times. Just felt a few issues such as the handling of adebayor and onuoha could have been handled with more diplomacy respect for the players as players of manchester city. His methods may have worked very well thus far but not all players or future players might respond positively to them and thats my only fear. But every manager has their flaws and style and I feel that he is undoubtedly one of the best managers in the world. Very proud to have him as our manager.

His first half-season was just a time of dipping his toe in the water. I had no expectations and I fully understood why we didn't finish in the top four, for one, we weren't good enough.

Last season he locked us down defensively. We kept a record 29 clean sheets over the season. I had no expectations of us challenging for the title and fully understood why we didn't, for one, we weren't ready and hadn't gelled as a unit enough. We had an easy FA Cup run early on (although we made hard work of it, but it certainly added to the glory at the end) which built a bit of a feeling about the cup going into our first test in the Rags in the semi; who we beat! Then we went on and won our first trophy in 35years at Wembley - what a day! We ended up finishing third with just goals scored separating us from second. Overall i think Bobby was just getting to grips with England, learning the league. Whilst doing that he had to have us playing defensively. Great season!

This season we've been more open and threatening up front. We've certainly gelled as a unit (earlier than I expected to). Bobby understands the English game more and we play to the strengths of that. We should challenge for the title this season but the second half of the season will be more difficult for us as we have no experience of challenging for the Premier League title and only the Toure brothers in our squad has won a league title anywhere (unless de Jong did at Ajax?). So if we don't win the league I'll fully understand why. We're in another semi-final (I'd never seen even one in my football supporting life until two years ago) so another plus. But a log way to go this season, I'm extatic with our first chunk of the season!

We've been fairly poor away from home in Europe under Bobby. P8 W2 D2 L4 F7 A9. To progress in Europe you have to lose fewer games and concede fewer goals away from home (winning isn't always the thing you need, just a decent draw is often enough, but losing and being naive in doing so isn't good). But I fully understand why we've been like this. I don't think Bobby has fully figured out European football (many leagues are very different and I'd say that Italy and England are very different to Spain and Germany and so too the Eastern Euro teams). It took Bobby a while to figure out England and I'm sure he'll figure out the different leagues and teams across Europe with greater time and thus experience. And our players need more time to progress as a team where games are all very different to the Prem and to each other (too often people bracket "European football" as one entity, as if all teams play the same way, when it isn't and they don't).

I've said all along that 2013 will be when we're in our full stride. I can see us marrying up last season's ruthlessness at the back with this season's ruthlessness up front and we'll be a proper proper outfit on all fronts (I'm not quite saying we'll terrorise Europe like someone once said!).

Overall I'd say so far so good, but LOADS of improving needed and LOADS of time and patience needed for it. Hopefully it will all come together. Well done Bobby Manc, keep it going!

Slicker than Sommeil said:
Anderson said:
jonmcfc said:
one word messiah.

Positive
Rags (Old Traford), Bayern (Etihad), first in EPL, Tevez case in general

Negative
Bayern (Munich), Napoli (Napoli and Etihad), Chelsea, out of CL, third and not first place in group A of CL, not even close to CL half-finals where City really belong, talking too much to press, like for example "Tevez will not play anymore in my team" (that sentence cost the club huge amount of the money) even I agree with him that he need to bench him forever, weak defense, too nervous on the games, yoga will help, discussions with players during games, and it seem not in his office before and after games.

Fuck off you Rag bellend.
Funny how every manager under the sun backed him on this, so should we be listening to you instead?
I would like to argue every bit of this, but I don't need to as it's all bullshit and I'd rather eat my wheetos.

Forza Bobby Manc.
Why you think that I am fan of the rags? I have very negative opinion about rags, not just for trashing from Basel for example, but also for theirs past. Ferguson will not be so "genius" like many saying today, if he was coach of one poor club who was not able to splash on for example players like Ronaldo bigger cash than theirs competition.

Now they are pissed because they are not anymore masters of the cash on the market.

About Mancini, it is life, nobody is protected from critics. I excpect from him also good results from CL, I don't want to watch second Bayern team on Etihad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.