Raul Jimenez - fractured skull confirmed

I didn't watch the game but that's really sad news.
I wouldn't wish such a serious injury on anyone.. Hope he recovers quickly and gets back to playing.

Terrible news, makes me wince just reading “fractured skull”. Wishing him a speedy recovery, hopefully he will be able to play again some day

It looked nasty from afar, although it's worth mentioning that a fractured skull can be quite wide-ranging in seriousness. I fractured my skull when I was a kid and didn't even have to stay overnight in hospital. It's probably worse as an adult.

Stupid decision to allow Luiz to play on too though. If that is following the guidelines, then the guidelines really need to change.

Yesterday was not a good day to be watching live sport. Between that and the crash in F1 I feel like I spent the day with a permanent uneasy feeling in my stomach.

This was a month ago.

players-hold-a-minutes-silence-for-nobby-stiles-mbe-during-the-sky-picture-id1229392582

A minute's silence for an ex-footballer dying with advanced dementia. A month later, they're still allowing players to continue playing with head injuries. As always, football is very good at the symbolic gesture, but not so good when it comes to actually taking action to deal with a problem.

crazy stuff and football needs to get a grip on this and lets hope raul-jimenez makes a full recovery

head injuries are no joke and long term can lead to other things. because you did not go off and get tested and rest for 2 weeks. after a bad knock of heads can leave bad after injuries and hairline fracture not healing or weak points

am not saying ban heading or anything like that its part of football. but respect even the little knock to the head and get the player off the field and give them time to get checked out proper by a doctor and then 20 mintues to sit down and get fully right ? subs can be used even if you have used your 3 ? swap them back if they get the all clear

It looked nasty from afar, although it's worth mentioning that a fractured skull can be quite wide-ranging in seriousness. I fractured my skull when I was a kid and didn't even have to stay overnight in hospital. It's probably worse as an adult.

Stupid decision to allow Luiz to play on too though. If that is following the guidelines, then the guidelines really need to change.
We couldn’t understand why Luiz was allowed to continue. We thought he would be under concussion protocol.

It's a horrible injury and I hope Jiminez makes a full and speedy recovery, though I suspect his football career might be over.

I feel very sorry for him.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.