Razak Going To Brighton

The Fat el Hombre

When yaya is back. Good luck to the lad:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11741/7498817/Seagulls-to-bag-Razak

Sky Sports understands that Brighton & Hove Albion are set to win the battle to land Manchester City starlet Abdul Razak on loan.

The 19-year-old midfielder is set for a second spell away from the Etihad Stadium after already spending time with Portsmouth this term.

Razak joined Pompey in October but after three appearances headed back to City and was soon involved in the first-team.

Razak came on as a late substitute in their Carling Cup win over Arsenal in November and has also featured on the bench a number of times.

But City boss Roberto Mancini is now set to sanction another loan move, but only once Yaya Toure has returned from Africa Cup of Nations duty later this month.

It is expected that Razak will be allowed to leave in just under two weeks, but his destination already looks decided with Brighton fending off a host of Championship rivals to land him.

According to Doug, he picked up an injury in training yesterday that looked like it might be a bad one. If so I imagine that would scupper any move:

Unfortunately there was an injury which didnt look good as he was piggy backed off and then whisked away on a buggy. An ankle injury to Razak.Not sure how it happened but I just hope its a knock rather than ligament trouble.

Shame he wont play in the euoropa league but this will be better in the long term Brighton play some nice football too

ell said:
Shame he wont play in the euoropa league but this will be better in the long term Brighton play some nice football too

He wasn't in the squad for Europa so couldn't have played anyway.

Wish him well at Brighton

On a side note, this is from The Sun

Midfielder Razak, 19, has made two appearances for City and has yet to score a goal.

Whilst I don't subscribe fully to the media 'agenda' argument, that phrasing of 'yet to score a goal' after making just 2 appearances strikes me as very unnecessarily negative

SilvaLining said:
Wish him well at Brighton

On a side note, this is from The Sun

Midfielder Razak, 19, has made two appearances for City and has yet to score a goal.

Whilst I don't subscribe fully to the media 'agenda' argument, that phrasing of 'yet to score a goal' after making just 2 appearances strikes me as very unnecessarily negative

That paper is worse than izal (don't ask). The journalism is lazy beyone belief and panders to the dwindling numbers of readers it has.

You can quote me on this, of that paper gets shut down i will hire a bar for the night for bluemooners.

I accept other (mainly red tops) are poor for proper reporting of news but this paper is the worst of the worst.
People like Steven Howard aka chicken skin neck are dinosaurs who simply have no place in modern media.

They give no reasoned and/or balanced arguements, only their own thinly veiled opinion. This is due to the internet and i love it that they have got so desperate tbh as their days are numbered and they know it well; hence the inflamatory rubbish they spew (see; talksport).

They fail to see that we now have these things called blogs for opinion and we look to good media outlets for the news aka Reuters (Thompson corp) etc.

ell said:
ForzaMancini said:
ell said:

Hes 19?

His age doesn't matter as he hasn't been with us long enough to be counted as a home grown B-list player, so he could only be included as an overseas A-list player and there were no spare slots, the same goes for young Suarez and Rekik.

lancs blue said:
ell said:
ForzaMancini said:
Hes 19?

His age doesn't matter as he hasn't been with us long enough to be counted as a home grown B-list player, so he could only be included as an overseas A-list player and there were no spare slots, the same goes for young Suarez and Rekik.
I see, I thought all under 21's were allowed like the PL but cheers for clearing up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.