RE: that television advert.

Nebuchadnezzar

Evening!

Bluemooners may remember the post last week by somebody from an agency, saying that they wanted to give City fans an audition for a TV advert. Did anyone make any moves with this? I had my first audition on Wednesday, and then went back for a second one today but it went a bit pear-shaped, actually it bordered a little on mass confusion.

Sorry if there is already a thread! Cheers.

How was it pear shaped for you bud?

I wasn't gonna talk about my experience as I ould be wrong but here goes:

Basically, ESPN have an American producer looking to make an advert for their sports channel.

This advert will compromise of a splt-screen and on one side the City fan, the other side the Rag.

What he wanted me to do was imagine if I was a united fan, but wearing my City shirt.
So what kind of person would I of turned out like if I had been born outside of Manchester and been a red.

But everything he was telling me would of happened to me has happened to me, like we had to shout: I would of been like those "Losers" over there.
Had a shit job and all these statements.

But I made the valid point in that I was just describing what it's been like for us Blues pre-takeover and somewhat making a mockery of myself as it has been shit for us, we haven't won fuck all, and being a Blue we wouldn't really win any popularity contest....

I was stood outside the casting room and could hear when Rags were inside and one was singing U*N*I*T*E*D and so on...wasn't exactly pretending to be a Blue was he?

I think City fans were being stitched up? like the advert will just take the piss out of us.

Finally, one observation I noticed out of everyone I met today: The Blues, along with myself, had never done anything like this before, no tv work.... Yet many of the Rags had loads of experience, slipping off their tongues about how they'd been in this film, that film and so on...

Plastic Twats

I didnt see that thread last week, what was it called and is it too late to have a go ??.

themadinventor: It was a thread that Ric allowed somebody from an agency to post, in which they asked for City fans to apply for an audition for a TV advert. With it being for ESPN, the advert is more suited for the American market, and they wanted to portray the Manchester clubs as being as locally supported as possible, by an absolute fanatic. It is now too late mate.

My first audition was on Wednesday, and was a five minute chat in which we discussed how I came to support City, and what my thoughts were growing up as a Blue in the 90s, aswell as some talking on my thoughts of events in our recent history. I passed this stage, as it would appear Why Always Ste did also. They rang me yesterday requesting that I return today. They gave the impression that the number of hopefuls had been reduced greatly, only for us to arrive there and be greeted with a long wait.

Why Always Ste: I'm not going to lie, i'd been psyched about it ever since they rang me yesterday. I got into the waiting room and that bloke gave me the form and script, asking us to answer it as though we were United fans, and the United fans had to do the same but as City. I got into the auditioning room only to find out that this was wrong, and it threw me off and I had to improvise (which infront of the camera and some artsy producer type, is pretty difficult).

I got the impression he was mega fucked off with me, and he didn't even let me try all of my lines. Felt like I was in and out in the space of 2 mins, after nearly a 2 hour wait. Rejection hasn't yet been confirmed, but i'm not confident.

edit: Regarding Why Always Ste's thoughts that the United contingent seemed far more favoured, I can agree somewhat. The lad I was mainly talking to told me that he did drama at that place as a kid/teen, and just got offers to try for advert auditions every so often. The fact he hasn't been chosen for one yet may well be a telling sign, but still. He was not a regular match attendee either, home or away.

Exactly same as me Bud... I got the impression it wasn't personal, he was just overworked and he in fact was being fucked around by the American producer.

The yank walked out on him and went looking at local stadiums apparently.

I wasn't even expecting a phone call to return so I'm not expecting anything more.

I just didn't like the way in which I had to portray a Rag as I was in fact mocking what it's been like supporting City in the 90's and early 00's

Why Always Ste said:
Exactly same as me Bud... I got the impression it wasn't personal, he was just overworked and he in fact was being fucked around by the American producer.

The yank walked out on him and went looking at local stadiums apparently.

I wasn't even expecting a phone call to return so I'm not expecting anything more.

I just didn't like the way in which I had to portray a Rag as I was in fact mocking what it's been like supporting City in the 90's and early 00's

Ahh I never saw the producer...I got there for 16:30, 15 minutes early for my time but didn't leave until nearly 18:30. That might explain their late scheduling.

I'm the same as you in that I never expected to hear back from them once, so we haven't lost anything really. Keep me posted if anything changes for you mate, and i'll do the same. My only annoyance is that if i'm turned down due to having to think off the top of my head (Benidorm swinger bloke's fault for fucking up instructions), rather than performance, then its a bit unfair. Again its probably a coincidence but a United lad who had the same issues as me was brought out, allowed to recompose himself and then have another go. With me, he was arsey and didn't even let me do all the lines. Ahh well, good job i've a soul career to fall onto ;)

edit: I know your feeling about the portraying of the United fan too. I actually initially got the impression from the form, and their asking for our clothes sizes the other night, that they might have made us wear United strips. We definitely weren't in the wrong, i'd be surprised if many of the first half of auditioners had dissimilar experiences from us.

A soul career? lol...

My only concern now is they will broadcast a tv advert with me making a complete tit of myself and many other Blues looking like twats.

Ah well, it's just one section of the rollercoaster of being a Bluie :-D

Ignore my soul career remark haha, its this daft thing i've always said when things have gone tits up elsewhere.

And don't worry about them showing any footage - they told me that all audition clips will be deleted, only the successful ones will be used. (Watch us be put on the screens at City at halftime next week, portrayed as club traitors/spies for United!).

As the French would say, c'est la vie. We lost nothing but petrol and a few hours.

I wasn't told anything myself, but another person I knew that was there said that he was told we all get paid just for going today. If he is correct, i'm assuming it'll be the minimal fee that was spoken of in that form - which was £50.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.