Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

What an absolute kick in the gonads that was, luck doesn't favour us this season,
but those attacks from what was a Real last ditch effort should have been repulsed.
Together with a fucking awful ref that should have yellow carded a couple of players twice
and an extra haif hours play resulting in us actually getting around 10 minutes,it's looking like we're cursed in this competition.

These type of posts embarass me more than the team playing today.

We lost because we conceded twice in injury time due to fucking carelessness and nonchalant defending, nothing to do with UEFA.
Don't get me wrong. We lost because we weren't good enough. That said, the referee was dreadful and showed bias towards RM players, and it was clear that he was doing us no favours in extra time.

UEFA won't lose any sleep over us being out.

Ronaldo was never coming to City..
I think i heard a voice record of him somewhere saying he is considering City and i remember some Juve director complaining about our reluctance to pay anything. I think the interest was real. Forget about him anyway, we need our signings to be of strong mentality, that's my point.

So after a shit night's sleep my reflections.

Did Pep's subs have a positive effect on Madrid. He took off three penalty takers in KDB, Jesus and Mahrez obviously thinking it wouldn't go to penalties. But did he also have an eye on the league? Jesus in particular was having a good game and whilst I understood the need for fresh legs etc I am not sure they were the right subs.
Mentally I think the players thought it was won hence the lapse in concentration for the first goal. Look at when the cross came in, everyone bar Cancelo on the 18 yard line but he was so worried about Benzema he had stepped back into the box playing him on. Dias then isn't aware that Rodrygo is behind him and Ederson also doesn't see him as he thinks it's an easy take. Second goal a little unfortunate as the flick on the ball just takes it away from Laporte. We are talking fine margins here that in big games you need to have to get over the line.
The ref was shocking, three yellows for Casemiro not given (foul on KDB, pull back on Foden and the dive) which helped him play the way he did. Yellow for Laporte for having his throat grabbed, no foul on Sterling given on the edge of the box, foul by Foden when it was the other way around, the list goes on. Anyone also notice that once Madrid were ahead the ball boys who had been throwing the balls back almost before they crossed the line suddenly had a reluctance to even stand up from their seats. Not sure where six minutes came from at the end of the game but why only three at the end and then why blow up on 2.50. It's a minimum of three minutes to play not let's blow when I feel like it.
Lot's of positives though, the best being I don't have to fork out for three tickets, three flights and accommodation etc with money I was going to struggle to find.
Chins up lads and lasses, let's smash the Geordies and win the league. Fuck the media, refs and opposing fans. We're Man City we fight to the end.

That was the turning point, for me. Brain dead play that laid an attack on a plate for them.
And to add insult to injury he gave Benzema the freedom of the left side of the box to square the ball for their first goal. Stood off him. Walker would have headed that ball out.
For some reason he defends the right flank far worse than the left. I really don’t like him at RB

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.