Real Madrid club crest

lazerblue

Just seen a report that Real Madrid are to remove the cross from the club crest as part of a three yr deal with the national bank of Abu Dhabi for fear the design would offend Muslims, talk about selling your soul! I wonder what the fans will make of it

They already removed that for some of their businesses in ME. What was that, some building, hotel or something like that.

It's pretty stupid, they have loads of Muslims fans there with or without cross. Those that might don't like that won't have football as their priority at all.

Imagine a muslim owner of the rags. First thing that would go would be the devil. Maybe that's why they wear the Manchester coat of arms when their in suits, so not to put off the middle eastern fan base?

The world is going backwards isn't it. I'm not one to hold on to the notion of history and tradition if it stops forward thinking and diversifying but I can't stand this over sensitive world we now live in. Not wanting to offend people of beliefs but religion really does hold back the world.

bugsyblue said:
The world is going backwards isn't it. I'm not one to hold on to the notion of history and tradition if it stops forward thinking and diversifying but I can't stand this over sensitive world we now live in. Not wanting to offend people of beliefs but religion really does hold back the world.

Surely there's a case to be made that they're not allowing a religious link to hold them back and actually being forward thinking?

I can personally think of much worse reasons to change a club crest.

lazerblue said:
Just seen a report that Real Madrid are to remove the cross from the club crest as part of a three yr deal with the national bank of Abu Dhabi for fear the design would offend Muslims, talk about selling your soul! I wonder what the fans will make of it

What about offending Christians by taking it off?

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
lazerblue said:

What about offending Christians by taking it off?

Nobody cares about Christians remember. Say and do what you want about Christianity and everything's okay. Say one thing about Islam and people start being killed.

Real Madrid would sell their own mothers so taking away the cross is no surprise ,wouldn't have happened under their great patron General Franco.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.