Real Madrid (H) CL Post-Match Thread

I hate that away goal rule with a passion

Why do I feel 4-2 up, dominated both legs that with the away goals rule we are chasing the game if RM nick another.
thankfully we don’t have to bother with that now and I think that’s a huge advantage to us in knock out football
Ive always hated the away goals rule. It distorts games and adversely affects them. Makes it too tactical and dilutes the true ebb and flow of a contest.

why - he slowed down numerous attacks - was also ran off for the first goal (at fault along with cancello)

We won and played well despite of him....He completely fucked up one chance in the second half when he should have taken a touch and buried it instead of trying such a casual lay off which was shocking.

Sterling and Jesus energy and pressing won us that game along with walker and ferna - as well as Real Madrid defenders gifting us two goals. We played very well for large parts of the match and controlled the game but our cutting edge just wasnt there with the final ball.....we got into great positions and just wasted them on numerous times - as someone else said it could have been 4 or 5 with the positions we got ourselves into.

We absolutely deserved to go through but please dont tell me Gundogan was integral to that

Clueless

Get the fuck in.

Well done everyone concerned from Pep down.

Not a poor performance anywhere among the City ranks. Both fully-backs were outstanding, Gündoğan and Rodri controlled midfield and the front three pressed fantastically. Two great saves from Ederson in the first half, but I don’t recall him having much to do after the break.

Fantastic work by Gabriel for both goals. The second was very reminiscent of the 100 points goal at St Mary’s two years ago.

Kyle Walker was my MotM, but it was a great pity that Merlin’s free-kick didn’t go in. It would have been the perfect cherry on the icing on the cake of a wonderful career at Manchester City.

Edit: the evening was rounded off perfectly, when Lyon dumped Juventus and that fake wanker out of the competition to join another wanker, Ramos, on the outside looking in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.