Real Madrid (H) CL Post-Match Thread

In Tenerife now. Very quiet in all the bars that were about 2-3 minutes ahead of my stream and I heard them celebrating their equaliser before I saw it. We should have won more emphatically but well done to the boys we beat the fuckers. The ref was shit as usual as was var but we prevailed. Now back in the apartment pissed, even better two couples were from Madrid in the bar and I got the singer to mention the score then play Oasis. Up yours!!!
what bar did you watch it in?

Wakes up glowing with happiness. Thanks City and Pep.

This morning I feel that City were tremendously brave for setting up in the way we did. We basically planted our forwards right on their defenders which was a really really aggressive tactic for a team that won 2-1 away from home. It was why we won the game, and this was possible because of the qualities of Sterling, Foden, and Jesus. Imagine if Real Madrid had managed to play through that press, we'd have been defending one on one against outstanding players. Well done Pep. The media remark on the gifts that Real Madrid gave us but we forced them into those mistakes.

How many times will Real Madrid play a side that has the balls to play like that against them?

I really think Pep deserves a lot of respect for playing like that against them, or did Real Madrid just play a really bad game?

The Lyon game is likely to be very different. They are a young fast side I think. They will cause our defence problems but I think we should also be able to get at them. The one thing I think we can improve on, and we have noticed this all season is that we can improve a lot in the ruthlessness of our finishing of chances. We had some great attacking situations yesterday but didn't really exploit them until Jesus's fantastic goal.

The other thing to note for me was the fantastic performance of Jesus in both legs. He was the outstanding forward in both legs. I wouldn't swap him for anyone based on those two performances. In the games that mattered. He really stepped up. This should give him huge confidence and belief. I think he will benefit a lot from that.

Another positive for me was Foden.

Another the ability of City to play a high quality game despite tremendous mental pressure knowing one goal would completely change the tie.

Finally on Real Madrid, I think they need a midfielder. We completely bossed the midfield. Modric and Kroos never had a period when they dictated the game. It's clear that despite being Champions, this Real Madrid side are a transitional side and not comparable to the great side of a few years ago.

Lyon will present a young, faster and different threat. They'll be confident. Their strength is perhaps our weakness. On paper it should be an offensive game, and I think it will be one of attack (city) vs counter-attack, and if we will create chances as we did yesterday but we must do better at exploiting attacking situations.

The scary thing for me is how much better City could be if City improved our ability to maximise attacking situations. I thought that although Real Madrid gave the ball away in dangerous situations, they did defend one on brilliantly at times. There were chances when you thought why are City trying to just walk it in, but when you saw the replay, Real Madrid had actually defended very well one on one and been very very quick to close us down.

A much better game than I expected. A game that illustrated just how exciting this competition can be. And that was just the last 16. We have the Quarter Final and Semi-Final ahead. And at long last everyone at City can just think about the football and not worry about FFP, bans and looming danger. It pisses me off a little that we haven't as fans been able to enjoy this great side to the full because of the activities of our rivals. Let's make them pay.

Can you imagine how deadlier our team will be with our recently-acquired signing? Exciting times lads. If we win the CL this season, Liverpool will be shitting bricks.

For me, there was not much to be displeased about, overall everyone performed well.

The only things that I feel needs to change, to improve (or makes me nervous) is
1) Cancelo. His inaccuracy in passing, tracking back and even shooting questions why we even bought him. It seems like he isn't up to our standard, hopefully I am wrong with more games.

2. Silva: very nice gesture for Pep to play Silva in his last game here. Having said that, I think that should be enough game time for the rest of the tournament. Silva's legs are gone and so is his awareness and passing (giving the ball away).

3. If we are to win this whole thing, Sterling and Jesus are going to need to take their chances, be more lethal. May be irrational given Sterling's scoring record this year, but high stakes require high efficiency and effectiveness.

Can you imagine how deadlier our team will be with our recently-acquired signing? Exciting times lads. If we win the CL this season, Liverpool will be shitting bricks.

For me, there was not much to be displeased about, overall everyone performed well.

The only things that I feel needs to change, to improve (or makes me nervous) is
1) Cancelo. His inaccuracy in passing, tracking back and even shooting questions why we even bought him. It seems like he isn't up to our standard, hopefully I am wrong with more games.

2. Silva: very nice gesture for Pep to play Silva in his last game here. Having said that, I think that should be enough game time for the rest of the tournament. Silva's legs are gone and so is his awareness and passing (giving the ball away).

3. If we are to win this whole thing, Sterling and Jesus are going to need to take their chances, be more lethal. May be irrational given Sterling's scoring record this year, but high stakes require high efficiency and effectiveness.
City create an unbelievable amount of chances and let many chances go through our fingers. And yet Sterling and Jesus played outstandingly well. For me Jesus played at an incredibly high level in both legs and was the best player in the tie.

Cancelo played a better game than I expected for a right back playing left back.

The one weakness was the ease with which Real Madrid scored their goal, but their precision in taking that goal was outstanding. Pin-point cross and great finish. Almost impossible to deny a good side 3-4 moments in a game when you put your forwards on the edge of their penalty area.

How great is it to see Manchester City, our team that we watched struggle in Div One, boss Real Madrid over two legs. We have come a hell of a long way. There is still a long way to go though to win this competition. PSG, and Bayern are strong sides. I do not want to see Neymar and Mbappe with the ball 30 yards from the City goal. So it's going to be very hard to win this when you play such an offensive way. It should be like this though. And it's great that City are now one of the best sides in European football. We just JUST have to win it now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.