Real Madrid (H) Pre-Match Thread

Match Result vs Real Madrid (H)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't expect Phil. Very happy with that.

Would have preferred Bernies legs to Gundogan, but then agains Ilkays best performances tend to come in europe.

Despite UEFA being pricks, and this whole tournament set-up being a farce, this the first match i'm truly excited about since the restart

Capture41.png
Capture42.png
Capture47.png

It will be the 4-4-2 again like 1st leg, IMO:

..............Ederson
Walker....Fern....Laporte.....Cancelo
Foden....Gundo....Rodri.....Jesus
...........KDB......Raheem

with Gabby and Raheem changing positions
to cope high press - is my guess...

Nice to see Foden starting, surprised, but pleased.

Would've liked Bernardo on for the pure energy and work rate he puts out in the big matches, perhaps instead of Gundogan - but we'll see how it goes.

It will be the 4-4-2 again like 1st leg, IMO:

..............Ederson
Walker....Fern....Laporte.....Cancelo
Foden....Gundo....Rodri.....Jesus
...........KDB......Raheem

with Gabby and Raheem changing positions
to cope high press - is my guess...

Much more likely just 4231 like it was vs. Liverpool with the exact same lineup.

It's a decent side if everyone performs.

In theory we should have an extra bit of protection there for the defence, Rodri & Gundogan to fart the ball about & we have energy with the fullbacks plus Foden, Jesus, KDB & Sterling.

Not seen Cancelo tested much defensively, so that's an unknown along with Fern's fitness.

Ok 'on paper' though.

The formation might be surpising, e.g. Foden in the middle in the Bernardo role at Bernabeu and KDB as a false 9. So many variants, enormous tactical flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.