Real Madrid (H) Pre-Match Thread

Match Result vs Real Madrid (H)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're in the driving seat against Madrid, so no excuse there.

Then it's one off games. I'd back us against anyone in a one off. The two leg games are a fucking nightmare.

Most backed us against Arsenal in FAC Semi. That was a much more winnable trophy and we blew it.

I've got no predictions for the Madrid game but what I am sure of is that the team will need to believe they can put Real Madrid out because they (City) are the better team.

City will also need to have their most error free and clinical set of games ever to win the UCL this year. It's a huge ask given the teams that we are likely to face but someone has to win we might on our day be the best team in Europe but it's only might be, IMO.

A number of reasons exist as to why we may not win the UCL. The only thing inexcusable if we do not win is the players not busting a gut in every game.

Why would Pep change the system from the 1st leg and start with a more attacking one?

Given our problems at CB, Rodri plus Gundy is about a system capable of providing stability, not about individuals. Gundy can play at DM, Silva can't. A formation with Silva instead of Gundy and a proper 9 instead of a false 9 would be doubly removed from the formation Pep started with in Madrid.

Last edited:
Real Madrid will not go down without a fight. It's whether we finally have the mentality to prove we can handle this stage and get the job done. On paper they need to score twice without conceding. Sounds fairly tough. But get one early and watch how we react...

Otamendi and Laporte should be our two centre backs. Benzema likes the physical battle and Otamendi should be the man to deal with that. Walker and Cancelo at full back. Rodri and Gundogan behind De Bruyne and Sterling, Bernardo and Jesus ahead.

Mahrez tends to retain the ball better than Sterling, which is why he was picked in the first leg, but I think Sterling should start ahead of him this time around as his pace can help us on the counter. It was when Sterling came on that we started to really dominate. I think Bernardo gives us good control on the ball and will play the right pass which is my concern with Mahrez.

When we have the likes of Mahrez, Silva, Foden on the bench things are pretty good. Aguero... does anyone know whether he'll be back. Makes the bench incredible in terms of options to find a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.