Real Madrid (H) Pre-Match Thread

Match Result vs Real Madrid (H)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the highlights again this morning to get in the mood for it. I also had forgotten how bias McManaman was in his commentary that night. The one that summed it up for me was when Raheem got hacked down for the penalty and he goes 'Oh noooooo!" Bit too obvious there, Stevie boy.

Anyway, to the game itself and I'm not so confident I'm afraid. First game they had chances despite us having the best of the play, they'll be doing the same again and all it takes is a chance to trickle inside the post, a player to connect properly this time, or another rash decision.

We need to be calm and confident, attitude and, as pep says, personality to shine through. We will need to score I feel, take an early chance. Otherwise it's going to be very nervy and it becomes unpredictable.

Good news is that Jesus did well in the first game, as did Sterling and Mahrez, so you'd hope with then without Ramos we can score again at least once. Kevin will be critical to us winning this.

The minimum BT Sport could do is employ a commentator who will get behind the last of UK's realistic represenatatives in the Champs league , Mr.Pointy is a ex Dipper and Real player and he will be firmly rooting for the Spaniards , as he showed in the 1st leg. Is it beyond the realms of possibility for BT to show some positivity towards our club , but no doubt the usual pundits Owen,Wio etc.,will be rolled out to put a downer on our hopes. Imagine of we did get to the final all the media will be squirming , they might have to apply faint praise to their musings about our club , the pain they will be feeling is almost worth listening to that f*cking UEFA "anthem" for the next few weeks.

The minimum BT Sport could do is employ a commentator who will get behind the last of UK's realistic represenatatives in the Champs league , Mr.Pointy is a ex Dipper and Real player and he will be firmly rooting for the Spaniards , as he showed in the 1st leg. Is it beyond the realms of possibility for BT to show some positivity towards our club , but no doubt the usual pundits Owen,Wio etc.,will be rolled out to put a downer on our hopes. Imagine of we did get to the final all the media will be squirming , they might have to apply faint praise to their musings about our club , the pain they will be feeling is almost worth listening to that f*cking UEFA "anthem" for the next few weeks.
Just to make matters worse they will doubtless have peter walton there, the most biased anti City referee ever

Hey; I had a heart attack in 2005. I thought those last few minutes on 13/5/12 would see me off. But, like a fart in a phone box, I'm hanging around. Taking your point on board though. A nice 2 goal lead on the night would be much more preferable.
Ha. I spent two minutes trying to work out which game was dramatic in 2005 until I realised you were being literal.

Glad you’re recovered mate.

Pep will be cautious as he can be , expect Rodri and Gundogan to start the game keeping possession as usual will be the priority , if it is 0-0 at half time i would expect Zidane to go for it in the 2nd half which will suit us down to the ground , ive gone 0-0 half time and 3-0 full time , but my bookie was smiling when he took the bet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.