Real Madrid (H) Pre-Match Thread

Match Result vs Real Madrid (H)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m becoming increasingly worried Pep is going to try one of his crazy big brained ideas that outfoxes himself, he’s had far too long to prepare for this tie to stick out a standard side.

We are better than them and have a lead, play our normal game and we will go through

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Cancelo
Fernandinho
KDB
Bernardo
Sterling(on the right)
Foden
Jesus
Stones ffs l’d become increasingly worried if pep did that..

Looking at their predicted team, seems likely they’ll go 433.

Their midfield looks to be their strongest area with Casemiro, Modric and Kroos.

I wouldn’t expect Pep to leave Rodri to deal with Modric and Kroos on his own, so reckon we’ll see an extra holding midfielder. Straight choice between Gundogan and Fernandinho. I’d personally go Fernandinho every day of the week.

Full backs and Laporte pick themselves. The other centre half, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think he might go Otamendi. Just because he’s more aggressive and better in the air than the other options up against Benzema.

So based on all that, my best prediction on what I think he’ll play is:

..............Ederson
KW......Ota.......Laporte...Cancelo
.........Rodri....Fernandinho
.........DeBruyne.....Dave
.........Jesus.......Sterling

Sterling to defend the left flank and DeBruyne the right.

Looking at their predicted team, seems likely they’ll go 433.

Their midfield looks to be their strongest area with Casemiro, Modric and Kroos.

I wouldn’t expect Pep to leave Rodri to deal with Modric and Kroos on his own, so reckon we’ll see an extra holding midfielder. Straight choice between Gundogan and Fernandinho. I’d personally go Fernandinho every day of the week.

Full backs and Laporte pick themselves. The other centre half, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think he might go Otamendi. Just because he’s more aggressive and better in the air than the other options up against Benzema.

So based on all that, my best prediction on what I think he’ll play is:

..............Ederson
KW......Ota.......Laporte...Cancelo
.........Rodri....Fernandinho
.........DeBruyne.....Dave
.........Jesus.......Sterling

Sterling to defend the left flank and DeBruyne the right.
We are already at risk of getting a sending off with this ref, and you would go with Otamendi :D

I’m becoming increasingly worried Pep is going to try one of his crazy big brained ideas that outfoxes himself, he’s had far too long to prepare for this tie to stick out a standard side.

We are better than them and have a lead, play our normal game and we will go through

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Cancelo
Fernandinho
KDB
Bernardo
Sterling(on the right)
Foden
Jesus
I know he has a habit of doing this, particularly in key games, but in the two games that stick in the mind (Liverpool and Spurs CL) we were chasing the game. I think (although I am by no means certain) he will approach the game more conventionally maybe with a view to shaking it up if things goes wrong.

That's what we did in Madrid. We did sit off a fair bit. Pep's issue in the CL in my opinion (and very briefly) has been playing the away and home legs the wrong way around. We'd be tighter away from home and more attacking at home. With the away goal it's better to do the reverse. Go and get beat 3-2 away, the 2 away goals are huge. I think he was so wary of what happened at Anfield that away at Spurs he made the wrong call. In Madrid we were disciplined and created a lot of good chances. Not many have played Madrid and had that much possession or shots on goal.

We've got the two away goals now, so our position should be make sure they don't score and make them work for opportunities and then stretch them. We can control possession but shouldn't be forcing things too hard to try and score and committing too many forwards. Otherwise we'll get done like we did in the semi final of the FA Cup against Arsenal. They might not have the same pace but they've still got enough quality and pace to score twice against us, and their defensive record has been really strong this season.

If we get through then the one-off games should be played in a similar manner - more control and making sure the balance is right so that we don't get caught on the counter. We played against Arsenal as if we had to win the game in 90 mins for 3pts. They made the most of us being high up the pitch. The CL is the same. 3pts aren't at stake, and the opposition equally want to win so it's about being sensible and playing in the right areas. It might be too our advantage that we are likely to play some big teams with more attacking threat, rather than the likes of Atletico!
I think you’re points are valid mate, I thought first game we dominated in our usual manner except for a period they dominated. It was a while ago and my aging memory not the best. Hopefully a go through then lick our lips for the knock outs

Like they did in the first leg?

Not having a pop but there are a lot of posters here who don’t rate Gundog. I watched the hour long highlights of the first leg Earlier this week and although we dropped a large bollock for their goal Rodri and Gundog were absolutely outstanding. Gundog can frustrate on occasion but his ability to take the ball under pressure and pop it off to team mates is tremendous.

I’d be surprised if he didn’t start tonight.

As I said to someone else I am sure they've all been involved in many victories and I'm not criticizing them as individuals at all.

But I've been clear for a while now that a midfield three of Gundo/Rodri/KDB and then with Mahrez out wide is just asking for trouble against quick counter-attackers.

Our team should always be: one of Gundo/Rodri + one of Bernardo/Foden + one of KDB/Silva. In this case tonight I would use Bernardo with Rodri and KDB AND have Foden on the right over Mahrez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.