Real Madrid thread 2018/19

Presumably he wanted a shitload of money to spend last summer and they said no so he quit, can't imagine he's coming back without the promise of huge transfer spending. Could be the ultimate power play, could be a disaster.

Even if he spends £500m this summer I don't see it going well.

People get angry when I say this, but Zidane's Real were not very good. They were actually pretty terrible for long stretches and relied on probably the greatest "big game player" of modern history to bail them out. They were on the verge of getting knocked out of the CL several times each season before Ronaldo pulled something out of the hat.

Zidane had a team of world class players + Ronaldo, and he couldn't make them play well over a league campaign. Replacing the world class players isn't going to change much, just add a ton more pressure and disappointment.

People get angry when I say this, but Zidane's Real were not very good. They were actually pretty terrible for long stretches and relied on probably the greatest "big game player" of modern history to bail them out.

Zidane had a team of world class players + Ronaldo, and he couldn't make them play well over a league campaign. Replacing the world class players isn't going to change much, just add a ton more pressure.

I don't think they were that good either but if they add a couple of Neymar, Mbappe, Hazard a quality midfielder there's no doubt they'll be challenging for honours again just through sheer quality.

I don't think they were that good either but if they add a couple of Neymar, Mbappe, Hazard a quality midfielder there's no doubt they'll be challenging for honours again just through sheer quality.
I was going to say that adding £500 millions worth of talent tends to do that but I suppose the rags put the lie to that.

3rd coach in 7 months, never change. Perhaps 4th time will be the charm for Zizou to try & win the Primera Liga

I was going to say that adding £500 millions worth of talent tends to do that but I suppose the rags put the lie to that.

The rags show that if you have a manager who largely lets the players be they'll beat the weaker teams and you'll always have a shot at knockout competitions. I doubt they'll be good enough to win the league though.

I will be delighted if they sign Neymar - the very definition of a show pony and would take a big chunk of their transfer budget. I could see them blowing the rest on VVD which would put the dippers back to fighting Arsenal and the rags for 4th.

Zidane clearly been tempted with a traditional war chest to get the next generation of current and future galacticos.
Offload Ramos Modric and Bale for a few quid as well.
Then stand by for 'Sterling to Real Madrid' and 'Raheem: Come and Get Me' and 'RaZZa Madrid'.
Will make a change from Sergio's imminent arrival at the Bernabau headlines.

Initial links have been all over the place from Neymar and Mbappe to Hazard, Kante, Eriksen, and Kane. As long as they buy a couple forwards elsewhere I don't think they'll sniff around us.

People get angry when I say this, but Zidane's Real were not very good. They were actually pretty terrible for long stretches and relied on probably the greatest "big game player" of modern history to bail them out. They were on the verge of getting knocked out of the CL several times each season before Ronaldo pulled something out of the hat.

Zidane had a team of world class players + Ronaldo, and he couldn't make them play well over a league campaign. Replacing the world class players isn't going to change much, just add a ton more pressure and disappointment.

They weren’t the best footballing side but this post is grossly under appreciative of Zidane’s work with the team. 2 out of 3 seasons they hit the 90 point mark, with one bringing home a league title

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.