Real Madrid v Tottenham Hotspur CL QF L2 (page 59)

marcspurs said:
Our entire starting line up cost less (£72m) than CR7 (£80m) and just a little more than one of their subs.... (£58m) Kaka.....

Our starting line up tonight cost about half what you have spent on strikers in the last 2 seasons.... and you still have not bought your way into the CL......

For the money you have spent, you should be challenging for the title, not scrapping it out for 4th.... and you should be able to win at least one away game in 4 months.....

Hahhhh... that's only because not one of Harry's multi million pound buys makes the eleven.

Lets not forget the money Spurs were trying to throw around in January for a forward, only to be rejected on all fronts. Figures of up to 35m for players like Aguero, Rossi, and Llorente.

Got to love the fact the Spurs fans find the need to go on a City forum (God knows how many other club's forums too) to talk about their game tonight.

Going to sign up on a Wolves forum to talk about our FA Cup game.

I like to hear what Spurs, Utd and any away fans think of City, and their own clubs. Better than some of the garbage that's posted on here by so called blues

There's no way to win, firstly I'm on a Spurs forum too, this obe's just quite active and we get shot from alot of you when we don't cone on here if we lose loads go on saying shit 'where are all the spuds fan on here now' after we lose a game. I come on here to chat football and cause at times there's more threads about Spurs on here than on a Spurs forum, it's not like I'd be arsed posting in some line up thread it don't thread about Milner or something is it

Spurs fan in peace said:
yeah we got beaten by a better team, fair enough, I think you lot are generally a lil paranoid about the media, I honestly believe the English media will support English teams of course, it'd be the same for Villa, Liverpool ,Everton or you lot! Itv get as excited by the Arse and Liverpool as they do about Spurs. hate the media dont hate us!

and to be fair we have been underdogs and we've done well and yet we got bossed by a better team

If you weren't a danger I'd quite like you. I agree that most fans seem a little to paranoid by the media. Some are even wary of a booby trap of some sort when we recieve good press. If I was a commentator I'd be much more biased than today. The main problem with the media and spurs is the insistance in going on about attacking play and flair when you've not scored for going on for five hours in the champions league.

Timbobs said:
Got to love the fact the Spurs fans find the need to go on a City forum (God knows how many other club's forums too) to talk about their game tonight.

Going to sign up on a Wolves forum to talk about our FA Cup game.

I quite like having other fans occasionally visit this forum, especially the general football bit as they can offer a not so biased insight into the game sometimes.

Well that was great fun!

I think that overall, Spurs gave a very good account of themselves in this season's UEFA Champions League competition and we certainly went a lot further than even our most optomistic fans could have hoped for.

The key now it to try to ensure we get Champions League football for next season too and that, of course, puts us in direct competition with Manchester City.

So the best of luck to you and may the best team win.

To be fair that was the first properly good team you faced in the comp in the quarters.

the fact you didn't have to face any english teams got you through, inter are crap, ac aren't up to much and bremen, twente and young boys are a level below at the moment.

Basically all you've proved in the champions league is how bad serie a is and how bad a job van gaal was doing at bayern this season

On the quarters you got outclassed and humiliated by a team that didn't even get out of 2nd gear.

I'd expect us to have done just as well as you and been more competitive against madrid 2bh

I couldn't care less if they went through or not. Its got Barcelona's name all over it and if a team beats them then they deserve to win it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.