Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

cleavers said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
We need a thumping win on Sunday.
I'll be happy with 1-0, last minute, not bothered about "thumping" it would be nice but I can't see it. Its a tough game, especially following this, if we lose though I think we are in for a tricky period.

Its football there are no guarantees of a win.

Sunday really could define the mental attitude for the whole season-Oh god,imagine the flapping on here if we don't win. Meltdown

cleavers said:
We need a thumping win on Sunday.
I'll be happy with 1-0, last minute, not bothered about "thumping" it would be nice but I can't see it. Its a tough game, especially following this, if we lose though I think we are in for a tricky period.

Its football there are no guarantees of a win.

arsenal are really gonna be up for this,they won tonight after trailing 1-0,wenger hates us,we only just managed to beat them 1-0 last year in a very close nervy game,god only knows

Pam said:
rnblade said:
I was really proud of the gutsy 2nd half performance but we need to be clinical in finishing. We cannot afford to miss chances at this level. Like a few have said earlier, our defensive frailties were exposed AGAIN tonight by a team that really needed to win and chased us down all over the pitch.
We just need to get behind the boys again and hopefully they will bounce back from this upset. You could tell by JH interview that he was pissed off and I'm sure they will tighten up. Let's not forget the bernabeu is an imposing stadium, they have got to come to ours yet!!!
The blues sounded great , hope you all get home safely.

IT WAS REAL MADRID AWAY, FFS!

I agree but in the position we were in makes it harder to swallow (and my toe hurts after kicking the couch when tranny scored)!!

Gutting, I agree. But just as gutting to see all these whinging, wums and 12 year olds slagging the manager off and the team. The fact that it was tight and we scored two goals against one of the top two or three teams on the planet and we did so in their own back yard seems to have escaped some of them. Turning into arrogant RM/Rag/Bayern fans, ffs.

I don't know what's going on with Vinny this year. He's been poor in every game. He was the best center half on the planet last year. Any cross that cam into the box he cleared. There was just no doubt he was gonna clear every ball that came in the box. He just doesn't seem to have the same confidence this year and without him at his best we aren't the same team.

It's not that we lost the game that bothers me but how poorly we played defensively. We were lucky to only give up 3. Hart was amazing and without him at his best they would have scored 4 or 5. Ajax and Dortmund won't get any points at Madrid either so the loss isn't a big deal. That being said the pressure is really on mow. Must win game vs Dortmund. If we don't come away with 3 points we won't get out of the group and I worry that could have a real negative effect on the team.

We scored two goals in the fucking Bernabeu :)

Well done City, we can get through this group.<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:39 am --<br /><br />We scored two goals in the fucking Bernabeu :)

Well done City, we can get through this group.

We know that Kompany is a composed, very talented player usually our rock at the back but of late in games recently as well as last night's he has looked unusually unsteady, uncertain about tackling and blocking shots, the mainstay of defending. I think this will be Mancini's main problem to eradicate.

Todays game showed we are lacking pace across the team

Anyone else agree? this was the main highlight of todays game, they were much quicker to most 2nd balls.<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:27 am --<br /><br />Need more pace in the side and need to shoot more, Real highlighted it perfectly, hell Bayern did the same last season.. shooting from outside and scoring from the rebounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.