Realistic squad/starting XI for this season?

EricBrooksGhost

I'm positive.

The limit is 17+4+4 in champs league. there is no way the club are signing players they don't expect to offer CL. we have 16+5 (including steffen). Ake being homegrown doesnt help, one foreign place is still used up.
Thought it depends on whether Carson is in the CL squad

Steve Coppell’s 33 Days

Team supported
Manchester City
I'm positive.

The limit is 17+4+4 in champs league. there is no way the club are signing players they don't expect to offer CL. we have 16+5 (including steffen). Ake being homegrown doesnt help, one foreign place is still used up.
If it came to it I reckon they’d risk an academy keeper rather than Carson for champs league at least for the group stages if numbers were an issue. Of course the future of Stones/Ota are still open questions too.

Not perfect but there’s some flexibility & we do have a 4th keeper already in the squad with champs league experience ;-)

Coatigan

Team supported
Manchester City
Carson being excluded is a fair assumption. But i doubt it myself. Doesn't change the fact that as it stands, we have no spaces, with the players currently in the team. That also excludes that Couto guy, who seems to think he'll be around the first team. Exludes players like Sandler who i assume would go back in loan

blue12

I'm positive.

Fare enough mate but I’ve only counted 16 non homegrown and that includes Stefan as 2nd choice keeper.It confuses the arse off me the squad rulings .

Neville Kneville

Paying homage to Kevin Prince Boateng's agent
Carson being excluded is a fair assumption. But i doubt it myself. Doesn't change the fact that as it stands, we have no spaces, with the players currently in the team. That also excludes that Couto guy, who seems to think he'll be around the first team. Exludes players like Sandler who i assume would go back in loan
We could just leave out a couple of less able players from the CL squad, to make way, if need be.

Centurions

I've not seen a list of the players you're talking about but everyone has to include 2 'A' list goalies. If we dropped Carson for instance we would have to promote one of the kids from the 'B' list to replace him.

Coatigan

Team supported
Manchester City
Fare enough mate but I’ve only counted 16 non homegrown and that includes Stefan as 2nd choice keeper.It confuses the arse off me the squad rulings .
It is indeed 16. But the 5 association trained means we cant sign a 17th.

i.e u can have 17+4. 16+5. 15+6 etc. But not 17+5.

Rammyblues

It is indeed 16. But the 5 association trained means we cant sign a 17th.

i.e u can have 17+4. 16+5. 15+6 etc. But not 17+5.
My understanding is if the above figures are correct, we will still have a foreign spot available for prem league but not for CL. If of course one of these players is someone like Carson we have got round that before by replacing with EDS/Academy keeper. (I think) :-)

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.