Realistic starting 11 and squad for next season

4-1-4-1

Ederson
Walker Stones Kompany Mendy
Gundogan
Bernando De Bruyne Silva Sane
Jesus

Bench: Bravo, Otamendi, Kolarov, Yaya, Fernandinho, Sterling, Aguero.
That should be good enough for dealing with Brighton but the midfield might be a bit lightweight for dealing with the raw meat eaters such as the rags, Chelsea, the scousers and the other usual suspects. Wih a season behind him though, Pep should know what to expect.

Ederson
Walker-Kompany-Otamendi-Mendy
D Silva-Yaya-de Bruyne
Sterling-Aguero-Sane
Or you could just put random names in there, the squad is that good. We will finaly have a complete squad, without any weaknesses.

That should be good enough for dealing with Brighton but the midfield might be a bit lightweight for dealing with the raw meat eaters such as the rags, Chelsea, the scousers and the other usual suspects. Wih a season behind him though, Pep should know what to expect.

In hindsight I'm not convinced that Gundogan will be the DM in our team, as you say it's a bit too attack minded, unless Pep is thinking "fuck it, I'll outscore everyone"

-----------------------Ederson-----------------------
Walker----Kompany----Stones----Mendy
---------DeBruyne-------Fernandinho--------
--------------------David Silva----------------------
-------Jesus------Aguero------Sanchez------

In hindsight I'm not convinced that Gundogan will be the DM in our team, as you say it's a bit too attack minded, unless Pep is thinking "fuck it, I'll outscore everyone"

When will Gundogan be available? I can see the value of having him as our pivot, it just seems unlkely that he would return from a very long injury and then immediately be given a different role. I'm expecting a phased return for him, playing initially in his old role, perhaps on the bench for a few games. Which would mean starting the season with either Yaya or Fernandhino as DM.

Yes, I agree. I just think that it is gonna be Guardiolas prefered starting 11 when everyone is fit and ready. Fernandinho will probably take Gundogans place at the start of the season, just like the midfield we had last year when we crushed everything for 10-15 games (Fernandinho sitting behind Silva and De Bruyne).

Walker----Kompany----Otamendi----Mendy----
----------------------Toure---------------------
---------De Bruyne ---------David Silva-----------
------------Jesus------Aguero------Sanchez-------

Bravo, Stones, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Sterling, Sane, Roberts/Foden

Last edited:
Walker----Kompany----Otamendi----Mendy----
----------------------Toure---------------------
---------De Bruyne ---------David Silva-----------
------------Jesus------Aguero------Sanchez-------

Bravo, Stones, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Sterling, Sane, Roberts/Foden
Have we sold Bernardo Silva already?

..................Ederson
Walker...Kompany...Otamendi...Mendy
.....................Dinho
..........Bernardo.............KDB
Sanchez.......Jesus.......Sane

Obviously people will jump on this and say player of the year, not in the team.

But just as I saw Pep holding his head in his hands every time Kun missed the target the same is true of David Silva.

De Bruyne's stats are on another planet to DS and therefore has to play and I don't reckon Pep spent 40 + million on Bernardo to have him sitting on the bench.

Yaya, DS and Kun will all be spending plenty of time on the bench along with Gundongan when fit, Sterling and Stones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.