Realistic starting 11 and squad for next season

Probably won't want to be second choice at this stage of his development.
If we are to take the cup competitions seriously, as we should, then Gunn, Diaz and Foden should each get plenty of quality game time and with medal potential. That would boost their development enormously.

r6y61i.png
2d0kz1w.png

For claudio gomes and brahim
beautiful image, mate

Ederson
Walker
Otamendi
Laporte
Mendy
Fernandinho
Jorginho
De Bruyne
B Silva
Sane
Aguero

I wonder if Jorginho will play in the side WITH Fernandinho? Maybe rotating more with gundogan than dinho? In games against lesser teams we could leave maybe dinho our and put another attacking option like sterling or mahrez in?

Looking at some of these formations, the effect of including Jorginho would be to push De Bruyne a little further forward. This must be good to maximise his attacking threat and help keep him fresher by reducing the need to cover so much ground.

Ederson
Walker
Kompany
Laporte
Mendy
Jorginho
De Bruyne
Silva
Sane
Sterling
Aguero

Bravo
Danilo
Stones
Otamendi
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Foden
Bernardo
Mahrez
Jesus

We are still capable of fielding two very strong sides.

As the squad head out to USA we will currently not be announcing a full 25 squad for Premier League or Champions League as we don't have 8 HG players and the only 2 Club Trained players that are over-21 are unlikely to stay at the club.

One player will fail to get into the 17 free places. Looks like Zinchenko will be one of those ( edited because having re-read the rules I think Harrison is HG) That means that if we are to sign anyone else who is not HG then someone needs to be moved on or left out (Mangala?).

Looking at Champions League squad - I assume Hart will move on one way or another so that the 17 PL free places will also be the CL places. This year I don't think any of the u-21 players need to take any of the free places for CL.

So current situation is:-
HG 8 places (4 for CL + 4 CT)
1 Hart
2 Stones
3 Walker
4 Sterling
5 Delph
6 Barker (CT)
7 Denayer ( CT)
8 Harrison (edited because I think his spell at United until age 14 makes him HG)

Free Places (17)
1 Bravo
2 Ederson
3 Kompany
4 Mangala
5 Otamendi
6 Laporte
7 Danilo
8 Mendy
9 David Silva
10 Fernandinho
11 Bernardo Silva
12 Sane
13 Zinchenko
14 Mahrez
15 De Bruyne
16 Gundogan
17 Aguero
18 Gabriel Jesus

Under 21 (on 1.1.2018)
A Garcia (HG, CT) (b1/97)
Philippe Sandler (b 2/97)
Amrose HG CT (b3/97)
Adarabioyo (HG & CT) (b 9/97)
Roberts (HG) (9/97)

Grimshaw HG CT (b1/98)
Douglas Luiz (b5/98)
Haug (b6/98)
Diaz HG CT (b8/98)
Humphreys (HG, CT) (b9/98)
Muric (b11/98)
Nmecha HG CT (12/98)

Luka Ilic (b 7/99)
Tyreke Wilson (9/99)
Tom Dele-Bashiru (9/99)
Luke Bolton (10/99)

Benjamin Garre (7/00)
Claudio Gomes (7/00)
Iker Pozo (8/00)
Nabil Touaizi (11/00)
Rabbi Matondo (9/00)

Eric Garcia (01/01)
Nathanael Ogbeta (4/01)
Foden HG CT (5/01)
Adrià Bernabé (05/01)

Last edited:
Ederson

Walker Laporte Stones Mendy

Fernandinho D.Silva KDB

Sane Aguero Sterling

Subs: Bravo, Kompany, Danilo, Lemina, B.Silva, Mahrez, Jesus

No reason for leaving the likes of Otamendi, Delph, Gundogan and Foden out but so much competition

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.